• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claims company cancellation issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claims company cancellation issues

Posted on behalf of new user:

My wife and I contacted a PPI claim company called Key Financial Claims in April 2013. They completed the incorrect Letter of Authority (LOA) and sent it to Santander. Santander wrote to me in March 2013 explaining that the wrong LOA had been completed so they would not release information and returned it to Key Financial Claims. I contacted Santander to inform them that I did not want them to release information to Key Financial Claims as they had been rude and abusive to my wife with regards her claim and because they showed incompetence with not filling out the correct LOA. I also wrote to Key Financial Claims to inform them of the same. I handled my own PPI claim with Santander with the aid of my daughter.
    I have been in dispute with Key Financial Claims ever since. They are demanding £1665.61 fees for their incompetence saying that Santander had released information by email that I had had a PPI settlement.
    I wrote to Santander to express concern with regards a breach to my data protection, they had no authority to release details to 3rd Party Key Financial claims. They wrote back to deny releasing any information. I then wrote to Key Financial claims with Santander response. Key Financial Claims wrote back to me providing evidence of a database recording of Santander email confirming settlement. I have written to Santander today with evidence from Key Financial Claims asking them to respond and expressing concern with regards to breach and asking for a response within a two week deadline.

I have two issues:

1st Santander breach of my data protection and the release of information to an unauthorised
    3rd Party.
    2nd Key Financial Claim for fees when they breached the contract through negligence. How can they hope to demand money for work done without a correct LOA being in place? The only thing they achieved was meeting with me and getting the incorrect paperwork and Authorisation completed and having this sent back to them from Santander.

I seem to be running round in circles with regards progress in this matter and now have debt collectors threatening to come to my house if they do not receive £1665.61 by 15th September 2014 acting on behalf of Key Financial Claims. I have written to DRP debt Recovery Plus to inform them of OFT guidance on demands for money when debt in dispute. I previously wrote the same letter to DLG Collections Service in July 2014. DLG Collections Service are an affiliate company of Key Financial Claims and so I knew they were aware of dispute and stated such but they seem to have passed the debt on.

Any advice and assistance would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

M
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: PPI claims company cancellation issues

Subbing and I'll respond in a bit.

Comment

Re: PPI claims company cancellation issues

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      I contacted Santander to inform them that I did not want them to release information to Key Financial Claims as they had been rude and abusive to my wife with regards her claim and because they showed incompetence with not filling out the correct LOA. I also wrote to Key Financial Claims to inform them of the same.

M
      What exactly did you inform Key Financial Claims of? Did you cancel the agreement?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X