• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Agreement for catalogue debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreement for catalogue debt

Hi,
    Would like a little advice if possible.
    A family member had a catalogue account with Littlewoods, due to ill health, he had to retire early, and could not afford the repayments.
    The debt was sold to Lowell, I have CCA`d Lowell, and they have provided a signed copy agreement, the account was opened in 2008.
    I am trying to help him out with paying the account, when he defaulted, there were a number of BNPL items outstanding, as a result, these were all added to the account, including the interest payable on then, a Hugh amount of interest actually.
    The question I have is this, the agreement they have provided states "no interest is payable on this account" and it clearly shows the interest payable is 0%, as the interest bearing items were added to the account by Littlewoods, is this agreement still valid for this debt ?
    I would just like to know where we stand, as Littlewoods just kept upping his credit limit, even though he had asked them not to, and he didn't fully understand the implications of all the added interest.
    Tags: None

Re: Agreement for catalogue debt

Would it be possible to upload a copy of the agreement?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Will give it a go.

Comment

This is the copy agreement they sent me, notice the charge for interest is 0% !!
        Attached Files

Comment

This is a better copy.
          Attached Files

Comment

Its coming up a bit small, can make most of it out though would be easier bigger - do you want to email it to me - admin@legalbeagles.info
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Well it definitely has APR 0% and states no interest or charge for credit in a couple places.

It does refer to ' clause 30 overleaf' - did Lowell send you a copy of the other side of the agreement ? To comply with the CCA they need to send you ALL terms of the agreement from inception.

The back should be something like this - this is also shop direct from 2008

The front of this one is http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/u...ark/img011.jpg
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

The only other document they sent was some T`s & C`s, copy of which I have emailed you.

Comment

Do you have the transaction lists / statements from the account ?

Do you know how much was spent on the purchases and how much is the 'interest' and charges added ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Do you have the transaction lists / statements from the account ?

Do you know how much was spent on the purchases and how much is the 'interest' and charges added ?
                    Don't have a full statement, but as an estimate approx. £1200 is interest, and maybe £130+ in charges, out of a balance of £3800.

Comment

Originally posted by sourcrates View Post
                      The only other document they sent was some T`s & C`s, copy of which I have emailed you.
                      Thank you.

Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

So what do you think ?, is it valid for the full account, or does it fall down because of the added interest ?

Comment

Well nothing on the reverse about interest or how much charges are etc.

I think he'd be pretty safe negotiating a repayment arrangement or settlement with £2470 as the absolute maximum offer. As Lowell probably bought the debt for more like £400 I'd start much lower.

Basically if he was taken to court for the debt and everything else was in order that should be the maximum a court would order, possibly adding 8% stat interest PA.

That's if he wants to come to an arrangement, or wait for Lowell to bring court action and defend it.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks very much for your time and trouble.

Comment

Hi Just reading this what goods did the person buy and would littlewoods write off any of the debt as a goodwill gesture or reduce the amount in any way?.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X