• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance CCJ due to drop off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance CCJ due to drop off

I'm currently going through my credit file as my score is 526, i've two CCJ's on there, one for welcome finance £6500 due to drop off next April, and another CCJ for £267 but i'm not sure what that's for, this is due to drop off 2015.

My biggest concern is the welcome finance CCJ, I was young and stupid getting a £1000 when i was 20yrs old, never paid anything back and the next thing i hear a year later is that i'm getting a CCJ that's now worth £6500 from £1000, i panicked when i got the court letters and just signed it and sent it back, i didn't understand anything about a CCJ being so young, i then got an attachment of earning for this at an agreed rate of £10 a month back to the debt was paid off, this was paid up until i moved jobs in December 2013, i wrote to the court and also spoke to someone at the court and she said it wasn't my duty to inform them it was my last employers, its been 10 months now and i've not heard anything and not made any sort of payment either.

What will happen to the CCJ once it drops off my credit file next year, are they likely to pursue another CCJ against me, whats the process? Will they have to find me again? Also can i argue against it as that's what i should of done in the first place coz i don't see how they can justify the debt getting to £6500 in the space of a year, they said they came to where i was living but i never got a letter saying they'd been, phone calls they had apparently made but i never received they have charged me £25 each time.

I have 9 defaults on my credit file also, quite a few of them to drop off next year, do i just wait them out?

I would appreciate if someone could advise me.

Many Thanks

Kate
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance CCJ due to drop off

Hello Katie
    I am afraid I cannot help on this issue but I hope someone willcome along soon to advise you. I notice you have ‘double posted’ but I think this one is on a more appropriate forum so I will bump this one up.:bump:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Welcome Finance CCJ due to drop off

hi Katie,

CCJ's don't ever go away until they are satisfied. It will drop off your credit record after 6 years, but it still exists so Welcome will not need to apply for a new one. This means that you won't get the chance to try to defend a new application. You could apply to set aside the original CCJ, but after so long long I doubt whether your application would be accepted.

After 6 years Welcome would have to apply to the court to try to enforce the CCJ. I don't know how likely it is that they would be successful.

It is hard to say much about your other debts without know how large they are, how old they are and what your finances are like at the moment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X