• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

claiming back ppi from debenhams store card that was taken out pre 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: claiming back ppi from debenhams store card that was taken out pre 2004

Originally posted by aetangel View Post
    Hi Victoria & Bazza,

Firstly Happy New Year to you both.

I received back info from Santandar after sending for the SAR, not really clear, to be honest it's not really confirming anything, they just sent me a signed copy of my contract which I can't remember even doing, whether it was in Debenhams Store or by phone, they have also sent me copies of statements, apart from that this is all they have sent me, should I try to scan and send these to let you have a look at these? You might make more sense of them than myself.

Good news is Barclaycard have upheld another PPI Claim I had applied for, so easy to do, they just let me know a few days' ago they were upholding the claim, similar circumstances to Debenhams, couldn't remember even taking out the PPI policy but they would appear to be happy to pay me back any monies owing. Perhaps you could advise what my next step is and if you would like to see the paperwork that Santandar have sent me.

Thank you again for all your help guys.

Angela
    Hi Angela and a Happy New Year to you too.

Did you receive copies of all statements from when you opened the account ?

Just scan up their letter and the signed copy of contract details and perhaps the first statement, omitting any personal account details and we can take it from there. I am sure Victoria or someone else will be able to comment further on the next step before submitting a formal PPI complaint regarding the sale.

In the meantime just try and recollect how the account was opened and sold to you, ie was in the store, was it advised to take the insurance out when you opened the account, did you have any other insurances in place at the time of sale etc ?

Cheers

Bazza

PS Good news and well done regarding your other claims :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
      Hi Angela and a Happy New Year to you too.

Did you receive copies of all statements from when you opened the account ?

Just scan up their letter and the signed copy of contract details and perhaps the first statement, omitting any personal account details and we can take it from there. I am sure Victoria or someone else will be able to comment further on the next step before submitting a formal PPI complaint regarding the sale.

In the meantime just try and recollect how the account was opened and sold to you, ie was in the store, was it advised to take the insurance out when you opened the account, did you have any other insurances in place at the time of sale etc ?

Cheers

Bazza

PS Good news and well done regarding your other claims :tinysmile_twink_t2:
      Hi Bazza I will scan docs when I get into work on Monday, I can't unfortunately remember if sale was in shop or on phone, I put down on the claim form that I believed it was in Debenhams Store but Santandar have advised it was by phone, I already had submitted a PPI claim which they declined, I can send their reply as well if this would help.

Thanks again.

Angela

Comment

Hi Bazza I will scan docs when I get into work on Monday, I can't unfortunately remember if sale was in shop or on phone, I put down on the claim form that I believed it was in Debenhams Store but Santandar have advised it was by phone, I already had submitted a PPI claim which they declined, I can send their reply as well if this would help.

Thanks again.

Angela

Comment

Thanks again.

Angela
          OK Angela no probs.

Yes send all that you have and we can have a look.

Did Santander provide telephone conversation / transcript details regarding the sale as part of your SAR ? If not you need to be asking for details to substantiate their findings.

Comment

No they didn't supply, I sent the SAR letter with my £10 requesting all details but all I have received back is signed copy of credit agreement, not too clear to see unfortunately and what Santandar quoted in letter as well was Available List of Transactions, Available copy statements, Copies of any correspondence, Account notes and Insurance Policy Documents, no mention of any telephone conversations/transcript details regarding sale, so I'm non the wiser if the sale was made in Store or by telephone although they stated in denial letter that sale was made over the telephone. Should I ask for the telephone details, is this all part of the SAR which I sent the £10 fee for? It's a nightmare or at least it would appear that Santandar are a nightmare!!!

Thanks Bazza.

Comment

No Bazza no transcript details or telephone conversation details, should I contact Santandar to ask for these?

Thanks.

Angela

Comment

No Bazza no transcript details or telephone conversation details, should I contact Santandar to ask for these?

Thanks.

Angela
                Well did they confirm the date of the call ? Is there any evidence with the previous SAR details provided ?

Did they confirm that it was a non-advised sale ?

If nothing provided then you should be asking them of evidence of said call ? :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Post up details on Monday, remembering to blank out any personal info and I will have a look and I am sure someone else will on this very helpful site.

Comment

Will do thanks.

Angela

Comment

Hi Baza,

I've scanned documents in work and tried uploading most of the day but it won't let me upload onto Legal Beagles Forum Site, says that files are too big, I've also tried copy and pasting but that won't work either unfortunately. It may be because I'm using my work laptop so will try using my daughter or husband's laptop when I get home tonight. Failing that I'm not sure how to let you have sight of the docs now, the only other way I can think of is if I send an e-mail and attach them that way unless you can think of another way to do it.

Thanks.

Angela

Comment

Hi Baza,

I've scanned documents in work and tried uploading most of the day but it won't let me upload onto Legal Beagles Forum Site, says that files are too big, I've also tried copy and pasting but that won't work either unfortunately. It may be because I'm using my work laptop so will try using my daughter or husband's laptop when I get home tonight. Failing that I'm not sure how to let you have sight of the docs now, the only other way I can think of is if I send an e-mail and attach them that way unless you can think of another way to do it.

Thanks.

Angela
                      OK Angela,

No worries. Let me know how you get on later otherwise I will PM you my e-mail address.

Cheers

Bazza

Comment

Hi Bazza, nope my husband's laptop has gone into meltdown and my daughter is out at the moment, my e-mail address is angelathompson1958@hotmail.com if you want to e-mail me, I should be able to attach docs ok to e-mail. I have drafted up another letter to go to Santander which I have pasted below regarding the phone call from them regarding the sale of the PPI back in 1996, let me know what you think of it. I had already stated in my PPI application form which was obviously declined that I had believed the PPI had been sold to me in Debehnams in 1995, no transcript of call sent to me hence my draft below.

Thanks.

Angela

Dear Sir/Madam,
                        Re : Data Protection Act 1998 – Your Ref: ***** – Mrs AngelaThompson-jk
                        Account Number: ************ – *************

With regard toyour letter dated 7th December 2014, please would you be good enoughto supply telephone conversation / transcript details of telephone call in whichI am led to believe was made to myself regarding purchase of PPI Insurance on 6thAugust 1996, I would like to substantiate your findings as I have norecollection of this sale. Furthermore Iwas also advised in correspondence from your Complaints Dept., dated the 28thJuly 2014 that this Policy was sold on a non-advised basis with sufficientinformation provided at point of sale or soon afterwards, again I do notrecollect having ever received correspondence from yourselves to this effect orfurther correspondence advising of this Insurance being upgraded on either the 19thApril 1999 or 29th July 2003. Can copy correspondence please be sentto me regarding these upgrades.Lastly theCredit Agreement which you sent me is very unclear, particularly the 1stpage, I would be grateful if you could send me a further copy which is morelegible.Yoursfaithfully,AngelaThompson

Comment

Hi Bazza, nope my husband's laptop has gone into meltdown and my daughter is out at the moment, my e-mail address is angelathompson1958@hotmail.com if you want to e-mail me, I should be able to attach docs ok to e-mail. I have drafted up another letter to go to Santander which I have pasted below regarding the phone call from them regarding the sale of the PPI back in 1996, let me know what you think of it. I had already stated in my PPI application form which was obviously declined that I had believed the PPI had been sold to me in Debehnams in 1995, no transcript of call sent to me hence my draft below.

Thanks.

Angela

Dear Sir/Madam,
                          Re : Data Protection Act 1998 – Your Ref: ***** – Mrs AngelaThompson-jk
                          Account Number: ************ – *************

With regard toyour letter dated 7th December 2014, please would you be good enoughto supply telephone conversation / transcript details of telephone call in whichI am led to believe was made to myself regarding purchase of PPI Insurance on 6thAugust 1996, I would like to substantiate your findings as I have norecollection of this sale. Furthermore Iwas also advised in correspondence from your Complaints Dept., dated the 28thJuly 2014 that this Policy was sold on a non-advised basis with sufficientinformation provided at point of sale or soon afterwards, again I do notrecollect having ever received correspondence from yourselves to this effect orfurther correspondence advising of this Insurance being upgraded on either the 19thApril 1999 or 29th July 2003. Can copy correspondence please be sentto me regarding these upgrades.Lastly theCredit Agreement which you sent me is very unclear, particularly the 1stpage, I would be grateful if you could send me a further copy which is morelegible.Yoursfaithfully,AngelaThompson
                          No that's fine - need to be asking questions and proviso of evidence rather than assumptions.

Just be honest that you didn't remember but as you mentioned, if it was a non-advised sale why were they contacting you by phone ? Did you have any other insurances and sickness pay etc if you were employed at time of sale ?

Sounds very similar to my OH's case with another store card / Santander. She is still awaiting further evidence considering that it was not provided as part of the SAR.

I have PM'd you my contact details (check your LB inbox)

Last edited by Bazza; 6th January 2015, 10:12:AM.

Comment

Thanks Bazza, it's a minefield with Santander, no problem whatsoever with Barclays, credit where credits due - can't understand why Santander seem to be so poor at compensating people who took out PPI than other Companies, would have thought they would all have to be operating under the same rules.

I'll e-mail you the stuff today, thanks again for all your help, I now feel like I'm stalking you, sorry if it would appear that way but you guys seem to know your stuff.

Angela

Comment

Thanks Bazza, it's a minefield with Santander, no problem whatsoever with Barclays, credit where credits due - can't understand why Santander seem to be so poor at compensating people who took out PPI than other Companies, would have thought they would all have to be operating under the same rules.

I'll e-mail you the stuff today, thanks again for all your help, I now feel like I'm stalking you, sorry if it would appear that way but you guys seem to know your stuff.

Angela
                              Well I'm no expert lol but I will be happy to try and help if possible. Also I am sure someone else maybe able to add some expert advise so ask and post as many questions as you want, we are all in the same boat. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

You are correct about Santander and I am sure there is somewhere on this site a designated post for them about their appalling service.

As I have been previously advised by some very helpful people on here, they just try and grind you down hoping that you give-up in the end.

I await details and then we can take it from there.

Bazza

Comment

Hi guys,

well got another letter back from santander yesterday after requesting more details regarding sar which i had received,a further letter came yesterday advising that they were closing the file and advised they were not going back on their original decision of declining my claim. The sar comprised of old statements and a copy of contract, this was not easy to read but it looked like it hadn't been ticked, i had requested a clearer copy but this was not addressed in their letter i received or the fact that i had asked the question why had they informed me the sale was on a non advised basis when in fact they had rang me regarding sale of ppi.

Anyway perhaps you guys could come back with some advice on what i should do now, determined to keep going!!!!!!

Cheers.

Angela

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X