• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander SAR frustration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander SAR frustration

I Originally submitted SAR to Santander 4th July 2014 by recorded delivery in respect of A & L Credit Card from March 1998 to March 2003. I was after some missing statements that I could not find in order to submit a PPI miss-selling complaint.

I received acknowledgement letter 10th July 2014 advising £10 fee had been cashed and matter being dealt with. I then received another letter dated 16th July, 2014 advising that they had located an MBNA account (from 2003 to 2006) and that I was to contact their Data Controller and that recent fee had been cashed for their searches.

I contacted Santander again advising that the MBNA (who also contacted Santander) part had been dealt with and eventual PPI had been settled and that they were responsible for SAR details prior period up to March 2003.

Today I received a further response from Santander (see attached letter) in which seems a bit confusing so I thought I would give them a call.

After being passed from pillar to post, I eventually got transferred to the PPI complaints department and spoke to someone who advised that she maybe able to help

Well she basically told me that she couldn't find any trace of any SAR detail request
    She then proceeded to lodge a complaint, bless her and then had the audacity to start asking me questions about how the PPI was sold ???? I told her in no uncertain terms that I refuse to discuss this over the phone (was I within my rights to do so?) and that my original complaint was in respect of submission of SAR !

Are this lot for real ? They must be the worst in the industry for their customer services !!!

So my questions are in respect of what to do next ? Failure to comply letter as 40 days exceeded and cashed cheque but no details ? A formal complaint to the ICO and fos ?
    Also perhaps an e-mail to Santander CEO regarding the appalling customer service ?

Sorry to bleat on but they are so difficult to deal with, especially with such a straight forward request in which after all this time has not even been addressed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Amethyst; 28th August 2014, 13:28:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Santander SAR frustration

HelloBazza
    I have been fencing with Santander for many years and they are a total crock ofthe proverbial:fencing:. I do not know what the story is on how MBNA and Santander can both be responsible for unwriting the A &L card but I do know that the £10 is for provision of the documents, not a viable charge for some divvy tapping a few keys on a computer!:tsk:
    Someone with more knowledge may come along to help with this but in the meantime, do you want the ceo’s email address? (I never found it did any good with this particular shower but worth a try)

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
      HelloBazza
      I have been fencing with Santander for many years and they are a total crock ofthe proverbial:fencing:. I do not know what the story is on how MBNA and Santander can both be responsible for unwriting the A &L card but I do know that the £10 is for provision of the documents, not a viable charge for some divvy tapping a few keys on a computer!:tsk:
      Someone with more knowledge may come along to help with this but in the meantime, do you want the ceo’s email address? (I never found it did any good with this particular shower but worth a try)
      Thanks paws and yes I would appreciate ceo's contact details, as nothing to lose at the moment and absolutely disgusted by the way they have addressed my complaint so far.

As I said earlier, I have even tried speaking to the relevant personnel but keep getting fobbed off by someone else who has not got a scoobey (i.e. can you hold the line a minute whilst I transfer you x 10 !), it's so frustrating.

I even spoke to MBNA and must say they were more helpful (but that doesn't take much compared to this shower of....) and they confirmed that any transaction data required prior to March 2003 will have to be provided by Santander

Comment

No Problem! Have a look at this thread as well, FCA Conditions/ Santander it might just cheer you up when you realise they have a worse credit file than anyone on here!!msl:
        ceo@santander.co.uk Ms Ana Botín
        Give‘em hell.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

If they have responded previously with letters then clearly they have received a request and in those letters should be reference numbers to that effect. Usually the large banks scan all letters onto their system and 40 days does not seem that long ago for it not to be already scanned onto the system from where the original request was sent. The issue is whether she is ensuring that the SAR is being done. BTW, a complaint to the FOS is a catch22 because the bank are already looking into the complaint and will probably comply prior to the complaint even being adjudicated on and therefore resolved.
          Last edited by Amethyst; 28th August 2014, 13:27:PM.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            If they have responded previously with letters then clearly they have received a request and in those letters should be reference numbers to that effect. Usually the large banks scan all letters onto their system and 40 days does not seem that long ago for it not to be already scanned onto the system from where the original request was sent. The issue is whether she is ensuring that the SAR is being done. BTW, a complaint to the FOS is a catch22 because the bank are already looking into the complaint and will probably comply prior to the complaint even being adjudicated on and therefore resolved.
            Thanks leclerc for your comments.

Its just that I find their letters an absolute disgrace and so unprofessional. The first couple of letters didn't even have a reference quoted or what account it was in respect of (as I have other pending Sanatander complaints) ? Just a couple of one liners acknowledging receipt date and cheque.

Well that's the problem, the letter is not very clear but if cheque has been received and cashed surely someone at Santander can confirm that the matter is being dealt with ?

Anyway I have today submitted a Non-response to SAR Letter and given them 14 days to reply, so let's see if this may prompt a more definitive response.

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
              No Problem! Have a look at this thread as well, FCA Conditions/ Santander it might just cheer you up when you realise they have a worse credit file than anyone on here!!msl:
              ceo@santander.co.uk Ms Ana Botín
              Give‘em hell.
              Thanks again Paws but I just find them so frustrating to deal with, no-one seems to know their **** from their elbow !

I will be advising their ceo of their handling of my complaint don't you worry :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X