• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin Media default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Media default

After checking my husband Experian credit report, we were surprised to see a default registered against him by Virgin Media. We cancelled our subscription with then at the end of March 2014, we paid the final bill (admittedly late) in May for £144, the default was added after we paid the bill. Can they give a default after only being less than two months in arrears, plus we never received a default notice and have pointed out that they added the default after we paid. They use the excuse that although we paid the bill it didn't show up on their system for a week allowing them to give my husband a default. I have proof of when we paid the bill before the default. The default is only showing on Experian and not Equifax.
    Tags: None

Re: Virgin Media default

I would certainly write to Virgin, and demand they remove it from your credit file.
    Just because it never showed on their system for some time, is hardly your fault.
    I'm sure someone on LB will know the correct procedure for this case....
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

We have contacted their underwriting team and their were completely useless and we also tried the CEO team and they were equally unhelpful, each says the other department are the only ones who can sort out!

Comment

Email the CEO of Virgin Media, and make a complaint. tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk
        Follow this up with a letter of complaint to him at the following address.

Mark your envelope "Private & Confidential"
        FAO: Tom Mockridge, CEO, Virgin Media
        Media House,
        Bartley Wood Business Park,
        Hook,
        Hampshire,
        RG27 9UP
        Send it by recorded and signed for post ( cost under £2.00 )
        Keep the receipt from the post office.

Explain fully, that having paid the bill, Virgin Media have acted unfairly in issuing a default notice on your credit file.
        Ask him to investigate the complaint as a matter of urgency, and to ensure that the default, is removed from your husband's credit file.
        “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Thank you, I will give that at go. We feel like we're banging our heads against a brick wall!

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
          Email the CEO of Virgin Media, and make a complaint. tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk
          Follow this up with a letter of complaint to him at the following address.

Mark your envelope "Private & Confidential"
          FAO: Tom Mockridge, CEO, Virgin Media
          Media House,
          Bartley Wood Business Park,
          Hook,
          Hampshire,
          RG27 9UP
          Send it by recorded and signed for post ( cost under £2.00 )
          Keep the receipt from the post office.

Explain fully, that having paid the bill, Virgin Media have acted unfairly in issuing a default notice on your credit file.
          Ask him to investigate the complaint as a matter of urgency, and to ensure that the default, is removed from your husband's credit file.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X