• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enaid v Monument ***Settled***and unsettled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!7th August, tis just messy this, started of as provident, then monument (Barclays) now it's sold again to a Dutch bank I think. Just can't find any settled claims with any background or info. I know Barclays a naff at settling and usually go nearly all the way. Just don't know about these.

Comment

dont worry too much keep ur chin up...have u been to TS? they can offer you advise about the court proceedings too as well as check out the agreement

Comment

no I have't Archer and to be honest I don't want to go down the it's not a proper agreement path, this is my sons claim and to be honest he couldn't hack it. Also I don't think I totally agree with it to be honest, he has had the dosh and spent it. If I get his charges back I will be happy, even happier if I can get him to pay them off once and for all. Thanks for helping anyway Enaid x

Comment

Hi enaid

Don't worry about the AQ being dispensed with you have just gone straight to directions.

So basically

Directions are:
          The Parties shall serve upon each other and at court 14 days before the hearing date.
          (a) written statements of evidence etc
          (b) copies of documents to be relied on
          The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

Thats the Statement of Evidence - and the bundle..

Not sure if barclay use the service charge argument - I think they do from reading previous claims so I'll find a statement of evidence to suit - other than that u need to start getting your bundle ready for submission to couirt.

When is the court date? 17th august ? You have quite a bit of time but may as well get it in early.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I was hoping not to have to I thought a nudge letter may shake them up, Its only for £350 , but as it's the lads claim he won't phone them, so I would have to do it by Email or letter and that only gives me 2 weeks before my bundle has to be sent.

Comment

Send them a letter signed by your Son, giving you the authority to speak with them about his account.

Comment

Thanks for that Ame and Amy, I think I will do that.
                Does any one know where the strike out defence letter is? that HOD mentioned earlier on and could I use that in this situation?

Comment

Is this going through Barclays Litigation
                  If so Ile give you some Contact names & email addys?
                  Who signed their Defence?

Comment

I think you should wait and see if they file their documents first. If they do not, then you can apply to strike out their defence as they have not complied with the order.

Comment

HI PKea,
                      Adrian St. John
                      I got an email addy though for Thomas hickey so will it be him then I deal with?

Comment

Okey Dokey,

I have a copy of a 'abuse of process' strike out order for Barclays / A St J

Ile email you it if you want

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                          I think you should wait and see if they file their documents first. If they do not, then you can apply to strike out their defence as they have not complied with the order.
                          So that when that comes in, not now? I see I thought it was a new letter ti nudge them on a bit Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
                            Okey Dokey,

I have a copy of a 'abuse of process' strike out order for Barclays / A St J

Ile email you it if you want
                            Will that be appropriate for me to do now, is this to nudge them along ?

Comment

Oh I am confused now lol

They entered a defence, allocation was dispensed with and u have directions.

Yes send them a letter to nudge them otherwise get you directions in and then ask for a strike out - you dont have anything to ask for a strike out on until they dont comply with directions. I guess you can go abuse of process as per the draft order for allocation questionnaire but you'd just do that in an informal letter to the judge, and as hes already issued directions there isnt really much point.

Send a nudge letter and start working on the directions compliance - once they receive those they'll probably pay up.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Barclays Best Litigation Contacts

These are the most helpful people in Barclays Litigation.
                                I dealt with Kate, who was usually quite quick to repsond to emails

Krysta Campbell Legal Clerk
                                Tel: 0207 116 4753 or 0207 116 5835
                                Fax: 01452 638 359
                                E-mail: krysta.campbell@barclays. com

Dino Papaevripides
                                Tel: 0207 116 1943
                                Fax: 01452 638 196
                                E-mail: dino.papaevripides@barcla ys.com

Kate Ashton Legal Clerk
                                Tel: 0207 116 4664
                                Fax: 01452 638430
                                E-mail: katherine.ashton@barclays .com

These are the rest of them

Jacqui Lau
                                Personal Assistant
                                Tel: 0207 116 7737
                                Fax: 01452 638 xxx
                                E-mail: joanne.harwood@barclays.c om [temp email add]

Paul Quinn
                                Tel: 0207 116 5634
                                Fax: 01452 638 xxxx
                                E-mail: paul.quinn3@barclays.com

Sharon Daboul
                                Tel: 0207 116 6842
                                Fax: 01452 638 159 [thanks Dave]
                                E-mail: sharon.daboul@barclays.com

Thomas Hickey
                                Tel: 0207 116 4523
                                Fax: 01452 638 479
                                E-mail: thomas.hickey@barclays.com

Robert Saunders
                                Tel: 0207 116 2403
                                Fax: 01452 638 xxx
                                E-mail: robert.saunders@barclays.com

PKea

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X