• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I get sacked for applying for a job within the company I work for during worktime

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get sacked for applying for a job within the company I work for during worktime

Hi Guys,

I hope your well.

I applied for a job today in work on the internal vacancies website and I had my cv open on my computer as I had to upload my cv with my application. I had completed my application during my lunch but had not closed the cv in microsoft word and my manger saw it open on my desktop and asked me why I was updating my cv in work time. I currently work in sales and have consistently been one of the top sales people however I have applied for a job in finance for the same company as I wanted to move into this area. I was already apprehensive about informing my manager about my decision so when I was asked what I was doing with my cv at that point I decided not to tell my employer as I felt it would have of made the situation worse. I was told to go home 15 early by manager and we would have a chat tomorrow. I think my manager is bitter as 5 people have recently left in quick succession and they are trying to make an issue out of nothing. Im very worried about the outcome of my meeting tomorrow. i have worked for the same company for nearly three years and have never previously been in any type of altercation in such a manner. I would really appreciate some help if possible?

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Kind Regards,

Chris Seccombe

Re: Can I get sacked for applying for a job within the company I work for during work

The simple thing to say is that the CV was open as you had updated it during your lunch break and applied for the job during your lunch break(email would have a timestamp anyway) and forgot to close the window. Simple as. There should be no problem today but if there is then post up here and we'll see what we can do to help.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X