• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Termination of contract / Redundancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Termination of contract / Redundancy

thanks JB I was going to reply for my partner with the following ... I think your point about it happening again and accepting the redundancy is very valid. Where is your nearest watering hole? A cold drink will be waiting :-)

Bearing in mind I am currently signed off work with anxiety and depression from 19th August 2014 I do not feel it is suitable or relevant to discuss my redundancy at present. I do intend to return to work but at the moment I am very unwell and my doctor has advised rest.

Comment

Originally posted by barty9 View Post
      thanks JB I was going to reply for my partner with the following ... I think your point about it happening again and accepting the redundancy is very valid. Where is your nearest watering hole? A cold drink will be waiting :-)

Bearing in mind I am currently signed off work with anxiety and depression from 19th August 2014 I do not feel it is suitable or relevant to discuss my redundancy at present. I do intend to return to work but at the moment I am very unwell and my doctor has advised rest.
      Hi,
      I would actually write down,
      Unfortunately, owing to the fact I am currently off work with depression and anxiety, and having been advised by my GP, to have complete rest. I am unable to accept your invitation to attend work for any discussions.
      In the circumstances I feel there really is nothing to discuss.

I was joking about the beer, by the way.......
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

We are nearing the end of the month and my partner is still yet to hear from her previous employer as to whether she will receive a redundancy payment despite letters to chase it up. Will the next step be taking this to employment tribunal?

Comment

We are nearing the end of the month and my partner is still yet to hear from her previous employer as to whether she will receive a redundancy payment despite letters to chase it up. Will the next step be taking this to employment tribunal?
          Hi,
          Send one more letter by recorded and signed for post, (cost under Ł2.00).

Dear Sir,
          Despite several letters to ask you to clarify my redundancy payment, I have not received any reply from you.
          Please respond to this letter within seven days, failing which I will have to refer the matter to ACAS/Employment Tribunal.
          Yours Sincerely,
          (name)

If you get no reply, then contact ACAS and give them copies of any letters you have sent.
          JB
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Thanks JB you have been most helpful throughout this stressful time

Comment

Thanks JB you have been most helpful throughout this stressful time
              You are most welcome......
              I hope you get a result..
              JB

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
                You are most welcome......
                I hope you get a result..
                JB
                To quote your avatar image .....I don't beliiiiieve it!!! -
                Finally it was agreed in an email last week to my partner but the redundancy payment has still yet to be made.
                Fingers well and truly crossed!

Comment

Well done Barty9,
                  Hopefully all will go OK now.
                  At least you have confirmation in an email...
                  Don't lose it
                  JB

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
                    Well done Barty9,
                    Hopefully all will go OK now.
                    At least you have confirmation in an email...
                    Don't lose it
                    JB
                    Thanks JB I have told my partner to keep hold of it... you are inching closer to that drink everyday!

Comment

50% of the settlement has been paid mysteriously into my partners account but not the whole whack... email chaser has been sent.

Comment

My partner has finally had her final instalment after weeks of chasing emails and letters. Thanks Johnboy for your posts - I owe you a drink!

Comment

Great news, they took their blooming time though didn't they. Glad it's all sorted now, well done for sticking with it.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X