• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Extremist attitude.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremist attitude.

I do voluntary work with young people and one decent young lad aged 18 has been given a Penalty Notice for Disorder (PND) 'For outraging public decency' and it has been disclosed on his CRB / DBS and it is preventing him from becoming a youth worker. It sounds a bad offence but there is no dispute about the fact that all he did was to give a 'V' sigh to a CCTV camera. Is there any redress against this extremism? .
    Tags: None

Re: Extremist attitude.

The following are not convictions, cautions, final warnings or reprimands and will not be disclosed on a standard DBS check. As local records, they may be disclosed on an enhanced DBS check at the discretion of the Chief Constable:

• Harassment warnings: only becomes a criminal matter if breached

• Anti-social behaviour orders (ASBOs): only becomes a criminal matter if breached

• Community resolution orders

• Cannabis warnings (usually issued on the street)

• Fixed penalty notices (FPNs)

• Penalty notices for disorder (PNDs)

So it looks as if it is an enhanced DBS and has been authorised by the chief constable.
    Maybe you should go gap in hand and appeal to him for it's removal.
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Sorry but as a youth worker I know that PND ticket offences ARE regularly disclosed via enhanced level CRBs as are normally required for all work with children, even if the 'offence' can not possibly make a person a danger to children. Those disclosed include those for giving a 'V' sign to a CCTV camera, urinating in public (actually it was very private and discrete in some bushes), swearing, using the word 'pig' near police officers, and kicking around a plastic traffic cone.
      '

Comment

A lesson learned is there any reason to give a V sign to a CCTV camera?

Comment

Goeffrey, Johnno was talking about standard CRB checks. Working with children would definitely be an enhanced CRB check and the question might also be whether the applicant disclosed this on their application form which I would suggest was asked when he applied. In terms of what he did, I'm not sure why, if disclosed, this disqualified him from working unless their policy states that his CRB has to be clean. I suspect that he now realises that his actions at the time now has consequences.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            Goeffrey, Johnno was talking about standard CRB checks. Working with children would definitely be an enhanced CRB check and the question might also be whether the applicant disclosed this on their application form which I would suggest was asked when he applied. In terms of what he did, I'm not sure why, if disclosed, this disqualified him from working unless their policy states that his CRB has to be clean. I suspect that he now realises that his actions at the time now has consequences.
            This offence should not be on a standard CRB.......

Fixed penalty notices (FPN) and penalty notices for disorder (PND) are on-the-spot fines issued by the police for very minor offences. If you pay a FPN or PND within the specified time limit, all liability for the offence is discharged and the offence does not form part of your criminal record. The Police National Computer does not, therefore, contain details of FPNs or PNDs and you are not obliged to disclose them when applying for a CRB check.

Have a read through the enclosed PDF file.....
            The young lad in question should write to the Chief Constable and ask for the record to be removed.
            You can quote from this PDF file, it has come from the House Of Commons library.
            Attached Files
            “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
              This offence should not be on a standard CRB.......

Fixed penalty notices (FPN) and penalty notices for disorder (PND) are on-the-spot fines issued by the police for very minor offences. If you pay a FPN or PND within the specified time limit, all liability for the offence is discharged and the offence does not form part of your criminal record. The Police National Computer does not, therefore, contain details of FPNs or PNDs and you are not obliged to disclose them when applying for a CRB check.

Have a read through the enclosed PDF file.....
              The young lad in question should write to the Chief Constable and ask for the record to be removed.
              You can quote from this PDF file, it has come from the House Of Commons library.
              Johnno, not sure where in my post I am not agreeing with you so not quite sure why I get homework
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

This young man gave the 'V' sign to a CCTV camera as several new CCTV cameras in the street of his university city were following him and his friend as they quietly walked in a near empty street in a very repressive manner.

He did not disclose his 'police record', it was disclosed automatically when he applied for a CRB. Yes it was 'enhanced' but they are almost always enhanced. It is the policy of many schools, churches, youth organisations only to accept employees or volunteers with a 'clean' CRB / DBS. It is a horrible trap. Why does the UK, alone among the EU nations, need to act in this way? With the continental ticket-fine systems for minor offences, no records are kept once the fine (much lower than the UK fine) is paid and if paid immediately no name or address is taken. Why is the UK so extreme in relation to trivial matters yet so lax in relation to really serious offences? Young people's careers wrecked for such trivial matters as swearing in the street or peeing behind a bush yet a woman who had sexually abused many children was only given a caution. It is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                  Johnno, not sure where in my post I am not agreeing with you so not quite sure why I get homework
                  I keep getting conflicting statements, but on a police site, the general view is that where children are concerned, the Chief Constable will put it on an enhanced DBS check.

Comment

As I said why did he give a V sign to the Camera they follow groups because they may commit a crime or are unruly and offensive its not personal the CCTV operators would never know when a crime is going to be commited after all.
                    Sorry as I feel for this lad he and others have to learn their actions can come back to bite them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X