• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Could Anyone please please help me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Anyone please please help me.

Hi Everyone,
    Could someone please help or point me in the right direction in what i can do in my situation, my partner and i and my 11 year old step daughter recently moved to my hometown of wales, since the relationship has gone completely down hill, she is a violent person and always has been ( as she was in a domestic relationship for 20+years prior to me meeting her )

Anyway, the last 5 times the police have been called i have been asked to remove myself from the premises to keep the peace, Christ, even though i did nothing wrong and did not break any law, gets a bit frustrating ! Now, my family live 10mins walk from our home and she also has family 15min drive from our home, but again, i was asked to leave, it just gets under my skin that once again i had to leave my own home.

Both our names are on the tenancy, (which is with the local Housing Association ) and now i want her out and gone from my life, i cant deal with her violent behavior and emotional blackmail anymore.

So my question, is there anyway i can do this via the courts or any other way ? I am claiming job seekers allowance income based, for both of us, however i am the main name on the claim, and i do claim housing benefit and housing tax that pays for our home.

Every single bill that is in the home is in my name and in which i pay for, i just want to know the best way i can do this, Please don't judge me, i know this question may sound harsh and i would never want my step daughter out of the house, however, i can deal and cope with her mother anymore.

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you to you all
    Tags: None

Re: Could Anyone please please help me.

As both your names are on the tenancy, she and her daughter have as much right to be there as you have legally. The fact that it is 'your' home town and the fact that claim the benefits is, I am afraid, not relevant.

Without you there, she will be able to claim HB etc in her own name.

Can you talk to your Housing Officer and see if they can offer you a seperate tenancy? Say this is a Domestic Violence situation and explain the police have been called several times.

If they can't/won't, can you move in with family and just cancel all the bill payments and joint benefits claims?

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
      As both your names are on the tenancy, she and her daughter have as much right to be there as you have legally. The fact that it is 'your' home town and the fact that claim the benefits is, I am afraid, not relevant.

Without you there, she will be able to claim HB etc in her own name.

Can you talk to your Housing Officer and see if they can offer you a seperate tenancy? Say this is a Domestic Violence situation and explain the police have been called several times.

If they can't/won't, can you move in with family and just cancel all the bill payments and joint benefits claims?
      I have been told some advice earlier today, in concern to a non molestation order and occupation order, i have reported her to the police in the past to her violent behavior towards, i have been told the inns and outs of these orders and sound like a very good starting point for me, i will be seeking advice first thing Monday morning. I appreciate your reply and i thank you kindly.
      Kind regards

Comment

I'm afraid that only a court can settle this matter, if you both cannot come to a mutual agreement.
        If, as you claim, you have done nothing wrong, then the police cannot compel you to leave the house if you are joint tenant.
        A very tricky situation, and it seems that only professional or legal assistance will help.
        “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

You should approach your Housing Officer and explain everything.
          You are asked to leave the house to prevent a 'breach of the peace' and because the child isn't biologically yours.
          Your partner will be able to claim Hb etc in her own right,and should get on to that as soon as possible.
          Your council may be able to find you a single persons occupancy place, I'd be VERY surprised if they even considered removing your partner and the child so you could have the house.
          All the rows and upheaval can't be good for the child,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X