• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fendy -v- Yorky Bank.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right cos Im so ticked off with em too, just rung Wendy Melvin at Data Protection Compliance office. She was absolutely lovely, helpful, fantastic. Took all my details, everything, dates of letters, when cheque was cashed, etc. etc. etc. etc.

She has promised to get through to the right department and get somebody to phone me back today with information of when I can expect info.

She certainly sounded far more efficient and concerned than Numpty Andrew. Lol Lol xxx

So at least two people now looking into this for me. Hopefull some action will result........... I can but hope.

Because this account is a closed account and operated from 1984 to 1997, what are my chances of actually getting FULL SAR info. They have told me point blank I cant have statements because the account was closed over 6 years ago, and that I am not entitled to anything older than 6 years anyway on the statement front. So unless I can find evidence to the contrary Im naffed on that one, but they are obliged to provide information i.e. FULL SAR, all details in my file, so Im hoping there will be something in there relating to charges so I can work em out.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated, not knowing where I stand on this one. With everything being so old. Dont want to spout off at em and call em liars if it turns out they are right and they dont have to provide the info. If they do, then Im happy to take them to court to make them comply.

Fendy xxxxx
    Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
    Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
    Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
    Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
    Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
    Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
    Natwest round 2
    Abbey Round 2
    Yorkshire Bank round 1
    A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Comment

I understand that old YB data is held at external storage facilities

Comment

Re: Fendy -v- Yorky Bank.

Well, nothing so far. Had letter from ICO saying a load of drivvel about its taking banks longer to get info etc. etc. and that I really dont need an SAR in order to start a bank claim (erm, well how do I get hold of my charges then otherwise, duh), and that they are looking into it for me, but it could take several week.

Sent another letter to ICO today basically stating still had nothing at all from YB and nobody rings me back ever, and I have several names of who has been dealing with me by phone, but that nobody has ever ever ever had the decency to phone me back or provide the info even though they cashed my £10 cheque in early May at initial SAR request.

Sent another letter to YB today, Advice quality unit leeds, to the manager, David somebody or other, and told him ICO now investigating and when is he sending my full SAR as requested, and that ICO would make them comply. I would add, because I want to keep everybody up to speed on this, that all the info goes back to about 1982 to 1998 on this account. It was closed at end of 1998 with no debts or defaults or anything, just made balance zero and closed it. Nobody has quoted statute of limitations at me yet when Ive asked for full SAR, but Im waiting for that one to come up. Just wondering if anybody in the know has any further ideas on how I can get the SAR info on this old closed account in order for me to pursue a claim. I know it will be another big one, cos I had loads and loads and loads of charges. Tons...................... getting fed up again. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
        Natwest round 2
        Abbey Round 2
        Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Hi Fendy

Just adding to your thread what I told you earlier for the benefit of everyone else.

Telephone Gordon Watt in Glasgow , the number is in the Yorkshire Bank Contact Details sticky . Explain to him the difficulty you are having getting your information .
          As I explained to you earlier , mention my name and he should be obliging .

You should be able to get information dating back 21 years , my account was opened June 1988 and I now have statements going all the way back to then .

I know you have already let me know the result of phoning Mr Watt yesterday , but to help other Yorkshire Bank claimants it would be helpful if you posted in here too ,
          Thanks Fendy
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

And just to add, hes a very very nice man, Mr. Watt. Said he would help me........... and I actually believe him. He seemed very helpful. I will just have to sit back now and see if my request to him and asking him to get involved, actually works. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for tools. What a guy. !!!!!!

Now Gunning for
            Natwest round 2
            Abbey Round 2
            Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Havent heard anything from Yorky Bank tools. How long do ya reckon I should give Mr. Watt before a chase up phone call ?

Ta.

Wendy xxx

Now Gunning for
              Natwest round 2
              Abbey Round 2
              Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Ring him Monday 1st thing Fendy . Tell him exactly what info you need , starting with statements from the last 6 years and then statements dating back as far as they have them (21 years) . They wont come all together , as they are produced by two different companies . Have you ANY statements for this account ?

Ahhh, just noticed , the account ran from 1984 to 1997 , so the 6 year ones dont apply.

OK , they should have statements dating between 1986/7 and 1997 so these should all be coming from the same place . Be insistent that they DO keep records longer than 6 years (I know ) . Try to get them as far back as 1984 but I doubt very much you will . You can tell him that these records are your first priority but will still be wanting the remaining data too . Ask for everything they hold on you , loan agreements , loan insurance , telephone recordings , credit card data ,mortgage accounts , everything!!!!

I know for a fact they will soon be starting to destroy much older records so if anyone else is looking into a pre 6 year claim with YB then send off your FULL DSAR NOW!!!

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Ooooh result. Had letter today from Information Commissioners office. They inform me they have spoken to Yorkshire Bank who confirm I should have the information with me, ie. all statements going back right to account inception in early nineties sometime or even late eighties I cant remember exactly how far it goes back but Yorkshire Bank have promised ICO they will have the info to me no later than Monday 17th September. Um.................. we wait with baited breath. Had another phone call from lady called Tracy Rayner who told me the info is on its way to me shortly and to ring her if I had any further problems. OK so today is 14th, and still no info, but I have to be patient I am told, and it should be next week. Well if its not, I ring ICO again, and I also ring Tracy Rayner at Leeds who has promised all my info is imminent. Um............. again, I wait and see.

Lol xxxxxx Not giving up though. I will NOT BE BEATEN.

Now Gunning for
                  Natwest round 2
                  Abbey Round 2
                  Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

When will YB learn?

My friends DPA request to YB now stands at day 240
                    I wonder if this is a record?

Comment

Oooooh do you want Tracy Rayners number or that of Gordon Watt. It sure fired em up when ICO got involved. Lol Lol xxxxx PM me if you want the number for either of them. Im happy to give it.

Fendy xxxxxx

Now Gunning for
                      Natwest round 2
                      Abbey Round 2
                      Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Thank you, I'll have a word with my friend, but I know she has other problems to deal with at the moment, so YB is not a priority for her

Comment

Well Fendy?

Its the 17th , did they deliver as promised?

Comment

Yep, I have had full pack of bank statements, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Everything........................ so have sent both Prelim letter, then two weeks, LBA letter, and they have sent me the usual letter about the oft case and how any claim I make will only get stayed etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah, and it would be better to wait for the outcome of the oft case etc. upon which any directives from that they will act upon, nvm, Im not waiting, they have until end of this week now to answer LBA, and if nothing with juicy fat cheque, then filing at court within the next couple of weeks................... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Fendy xxxxx

Now Gunning for
                            Natwest round 2
                            Abbey Round 2
                            Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Well I ended up dealing with a lady at Leeds in the end. Mr. Gordon Watt, very kindly phoned me back and said he had handed it over to somebody called Diane at Leeds and she would be ringing me. After a further couple of letters from ICO, asking if I had received my info (nope I said), and two more phone calls from ICO to me asking if I still hadnt received my info (no), then finally a phone call from said lady. Diane,. Stating did I want all my statements for the last 6 years or from account inception. As I closed the account more than 6 years ago, I said, from account inception. She was very snidey, and made comments such as "I think I can guess what its for", blah blah blah, to which I didnt even answer, thus creating a very uncomfortable silence for a few secs, after which she informed me they would be sent in a thick pack from somewhere in Preston, that prints off all the statements. I said it will wasnt full SAR. Although to be honest, Im happy enough with just the statements as Yorky Bank never had anything on me other than charges. I never defaulted or anything to them, nor even had any other debts with them, other than hefty bank charges., so I just said I would be in touch with ICO to tell them Yorky Bank couldnt comply with full SAR. She just said fine........................... but your statements will follow within the week. Approx. 1 weeks later they arrived, packaged very nicely and neatly in a dhl envelope, and delivered by courier, (nice)............. and safe, unlike Nutwest and their shoddy brown excuses for envelopes. So I have to say in the end, even though its taken since April, I have finally got the statements, and will file at court next week unless I have nice fat cheque this week. (pigs might fly.............................. ooooooh do they Nattie, do they)???

So I fully expect to have to file N1 next week with full CCI. Nice. Nice Nice........... cant wait.

Fendy x

Now Gunning for
                              Natwest round 2
                              Abbey Round 2
                              Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Thanks Fendy ,

I hope this shows everyone who is reading that if you badger them enough and follow through with a complaint to the ICO that you WILL eventually get what you asked for.

I would still push them for the remaining SAR info Fendy , trust me , I`m glad I did , turned up a couple of things I think they would rather I didn`t have and will be using against them at a later date , hopefully in court as I would love to see their faces when they discover the info they let slip.

Keep us up to speed Fendy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X