• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drydens and capquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drydens and capquest

Ok guys, I think you will like this one, but Im now at stuck and need some advise.
    In Jan 2010 I received a letter from Capquest regarding a vodaphone bill from 2009 in my name owing £1648.
    I disputed the claim owing to the fact I lived in Canada at the time and had no such account.
    They wrote saying they did not have me on the system, so I thought nothing more of it.

March 2012 I receive a letter from Drydensfairfax telling me I had not disputed the claim and they were going to start legal proceedings. I told them I did not live in the country and the debt wasnt mine.
    I offered to send proof and they agreed.

Whilst in communication with one person someone else sweetly sent me a county court claim which I defended and filed a counter claim.

They constantly refused to send me documentation responding only with rude emails stating they would take as long as they wanted unless the court told them otherwise and I had to wait on them.

To cut a long story short, we agreed terms as they wanted to drop hands on the whole matter. They would walk away, clear my credit file and I would withdraw my counter claim. They also agreed to send me a letter apologising.

This was agreed in a without prejudice letter, and when they sent the agreement to be signed, I refused as they missed off the part about my letter. Instead I wrote that they would supply the letter on the bottom, signed and sent that back.

In court I arrived with my wife as I had checked the day before and the court informed me they had received the letter I had received without amendment and without my signature, they failed to appear in court.

The court made the order that the amended document be submitted by yesterday at 16:00 or their case be struck out and the counter claim be adjourned generally with liberty to restore.

Well you guessed it, they never filled, I called this morning and checked.

So I have written to ask the court to restore my counter claim as I want my credit file clear, an apology for their lies and deceit and whilst I was willing to let it go, I want them to pay the compensation for the anxiety and distress this has caused me and especially my wife.

So the question is, what happens now, does it go straight for listing or to arbitration, how long will it take to do either?

I do wonder if they will even turn up.
    Tags: None

Re: Drydens and capquest

Hi Thebritishcanuck,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you'd like any help from me, please email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Can Lee answer my Question on The new CEO email Address?

Comment

Can Lee answer my Question on The new CEO email Address?
        Is this the fella?
        Jeroen Hoencamp
        jeroen.hoencamp@vodaphone.com:typing:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

Is this the fella?
          Jeroen Hoencamp
          jeroen.hoencamp@vodaphone.com:typing:
          That would be a no then.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
          ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X