• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HA issues - disability - sheltered bungalow uneven floor and shower issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HA issues - disability - sheltered bungalow uneven floor and shower issues

Posted on behalf of new user

I moved into a Sheltered BUNGALOW to help with my recovery of a disabling illness. S
    so I could get my walking right and return to work, the housing association were aware of my plans. I told them I could not do STEPS and needed FLAT and level, which my doctor and physiotherapist also told them. They also knew I was unable to look at the bungalow due to my problems.So I had to trust them when they told me the bunglew was as big as my Flat.
    When I moved in there were two long paths, one on a slope which led to two deep steps, I had to get the warden to get a wheelchair and carried in. I had them fix a grab rail , but the steps were so high it aS struggle, so from then on I could not go out, only with a struggle to go down, or up the path, after I paid for two handrails.
    Other
    There is not a level piece of floor inside the bungalow, it is completely uneven. They then put in a shower on uneven floor without building it up, do I had to stand on unlevel shower floor hanging on to s grab rail, Iost my balance a few times, then eventually I had an accident as I had to get out backwards onto unlevel floor. I damaged my only working arm so bad I am in constant pain, also due to the flooring , my weak foot has damage, due to increased bad walking on the uneven floors and constant losing my balance, going on my foot., it has created increased disability, I now walk with a trolley indoors and am unable to shower. In fact I am in a worse state , becoming homebound, not able to live in a decent manner
    I am in worse state than when I left Hospitial after months of physiothrrapy. I had been assessed to drive again before I moved. As for being able to work again, it does not look good I had to be carried out to attend my Mother's funeral.
    My life that was well on the way to being normal has been completely destroyed by bad housing, bad workmanship and a catalogue of lies.
    I am Fri g so depressed as to the harm done to Me, me mentally and physically, stopping me from . Living a normal life, that this move was meant to bring, I am at my wits end and looking for a flat out of the area to be with friends.
    This has lost me my Human rights, physical and mental damage, can I sue the housing association?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: HA issues - disability - sheltered bungalow uneven floor and shower issues

Have they contacted the HA for help ?
    That must be the first port of call.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X