• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HTML help - brainfreeze

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML help - brainfreeze

I'm making a notice/table thingy (to annoy everyone as usual) and for some reason I can't figure out how to get cellpadding

So my coding is

Code:
    <center><table bgcolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="20" border="3"><tr><td><center><font size="3"><br />text text text text text </td></tr></table></center>
    and I want even spacing around the text so it's not smack bang up against the border. I've tried cellpadding but it's not working so must have it in the wrong place.

And yes I know this is primary school stuff and I should be using css but it's only meant to be a quick fix for something so html does the job without me having to go into the serious backend stuff to code it.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: HTML help - brainfreeze

http://cedesign.net/tablesj.htm

M1

Comment

Thanks M1 couldn't get cellspacing to work either, gave in and put &nbsp; at beginning and end of each line of text where it was irritatingly close to edge.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Boss Lady,
        Try this site..
        http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/tabl...amsupp_29.html
        xx
        “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

ahhh possibly I didn't need the " " round the 20

IT's okay, I sorted it for now, it's only the annoying coffee cup box.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X