• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Child at risk with Father

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child at risk with Father

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My sons father is not allowed to take my six year old son to his exs as she has hit him and been violent to his dad in front of him resulting in the police being called to the address. Since then he has taken him there numerous times, last Thursday for the full day so I've stopped contact. Social services have advised this and told me to speak to a solicitor to make this an official rule but I don't know where to start, I'm still being argued with about it and my son who's being screen for autism at the moment is upset that he can't see his dad. I'm mentally drained

Where do I start?
    Tags: None

Re: Child at risk with Father

Start with the NSPCC: http://www.nspcc.org.uk/help-and-adv..._wda89787.html

I'm so very sorry, Concernedmum, and a warm - you will get a lot of help and support here, too. :hug

Comment

Have you a Cafcass Officer involved?

Would supervised access (ie your child's father without his partner in a neutral and closely supervised setting) be an answer in the short term?

Comment

I'll start with nspcc, thank you missfm. It isn't his current partner, it's his ex who he has children with. He has his own house but seems to need to go there regularly. Social services mentioned cafcass when they were talking about court, what do cafcass do?

Comment

Originally posted by Concernedmum View Post
          I'll start with nspcc, thank you missfm. It isn't his current partner, it's his ex who he has children with. He has his own house but seems to need to go there regularly. Social services mentioned cafcass when they were talking about court, what do cafcass do?
          http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/

Have a good browse through the above.
          I'm surprised that Social Services hasn't provided you with a dedicated officer, or at least put you in contact. They will assess and represent the interests of a child in any legal action or contact arrangement, as advocate of the child's needs. x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X