• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interim charging order received but no longer own house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interim charging order received but no longer own house

Hi, not sure if this is in the correct section, but I'm sure someone will move if not.
    To cut a long story short, I had a CCJ against me for more than 17k that I accepted and made an offer of £10 per month to repay on financial grounds which was accepted in March.
    In the meantime we (being my wife and I) sold our jointly owned house at the beginning of this month and moved into rented property.
    I have today received a notice of an Interim Charging Order on the sold property (dated 2 weeks following the date of sale) to be heard at County Court in November (quite brilliantly over 100 miles and a toll road away).
    Any ideas what happens from here? Am I right in assuming this cannot proceed from here and would be thrown out in court as there is no property to sell - and is there a way to stop this even going to court?
    Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Interim charging order received but no longer own house

I would off thought they will take the money from the sale off the house the court will order it but please pm me and let me know how you go on
    Last edited by hush puppy; 25th July 2014, 19:41:PM. Reason: addition

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X