• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I claim using section 75?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I claim using section 75?

Towards the end of May 2014 we ordered a new caravan and paid a deposit of £200 by Credit Card over the phone as the dealer was about 100 miles away. When we never received any paperwork for the transaction, we chased up the dealer and they emailed us a copy of the the top page of the order and nothing else. No T & Cs etc. My signature is not on this piece of paper or any piece of paper that they may have in their possession. On the top copy it does state no refunds on deposits plus the VIN number of the caravan, but we were not told this when we placed the order. Delivery was due for 24th June 2014.
    On or around the 13th June I had a query and at the same time I asked if the caravan was a brand new caravan or a demonstrator. They admitted it was a demonstrator, but arranged to get a factory fresh caravan ready for the 24th June. We have never received any paperwork regarding a new order to cover the caravan with a different VIN number.
    As it happened on the 23rd we had a phone call which may have an effect on our personal income plus the fact we found out that construction of the caravan was different to what we understood it to be. (No fault of the dealer as misunderstanding on our part). On the morning of the 24th prior to the caravan being made ready for collection, we contacted the dealer and verbally cancelled the transaction. This was followed up by email and acknowledged by the dealer, however we have heard nothing since although we have chased it up.
    under the Distance selling regulations they have 30 days to refund and at this point in time they have 6 days left for the refund.
    As we cancelled, if the dealer does not want to refund, can we still claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act or should we be chasing the dealer under the Distance Selling Regulations?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X