• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Extension for filing defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension for filing defence

To inform the court in writing;

Email something along these lines to the court where your case is ( usually northampton ccbc - check their email address here https://courttribunalfinder.service....?q=northampton - they keep changing it so may be worth calling them to double check )

SUBJECT: xxxxCLAIMANTxxxx v xxxxDEFENDANTxxxxx CASE NO: XXXXXX - EXTENSION OF TIME FOR FILING DEFENCE
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Sirs

The defendant and the claimant in claim XXXXXX have agreed that the period for filing a defence specified in rule 15.4 shall be extended by 28 days as allowed under CPR 15.5. This extends the date for filing of a defence to 18th August 2014.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxx
    Defendant
    Last edited by Amethyst; 9th July 2015, 08:01:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Extension for filing defence

Requesting an extension is best dealt with on the telephone, however youcan email or write to the claimants solicitors, depending how much time you have.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Claim Number: XXXXXX - xxxxxxxxxxxxxv YOUR NAME

You will be aware that I have requested further information from you regarding your clients claim No XXXXX relating to a debt allegedly previously owed to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

As I am yet to receive any information from either yourselves or your clients to enable me to make an informed decision in defending the claim I would like to request your agreement to an extension of 28 days to the date for filing my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5.

If you could confirm to me in writing that this is acceptable to your client I will inform the court of the extension in writing.

Considering the current deadline for submission is the xxxx xxxxxx 2014 I would appreciate a response by return.

Kind regards

XXXXXXXX
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X