• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

~** DISCONTINUED **Am I too late?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I too late?

I know you're right...fright mode got the better of me.

Ok, will delete the first one but concentrate on finishing the CCA request and getting it sent off today.

Thanks for clearing up bit about an extension; I did think it was for me. xxx

Comment

Morning all

Just wanted to let you know I have done the CCA as advised. Today is day 7 since sending the CPR 31.14 to Restons (mind you today's post hasn't arrived yet). Will let you know if it does later.

I may not be able to check in again until this evening, so please bare with me. I have someone trying to salvage my PC (got that blue screen of death thing yesterday) My son has let me quickly use his iPad before he leaves.

Fingers crossed the PC and my years of 'stuff' can be saved.

Comment

Cheers, we'll get you sorted don't worry xxx Good luck fixing the BSOD.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Good morning Amethyst

It would be amazing if that could happen :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

I Just wanted to check in and say thanks again.

Even with the muggy night, I had a fairly decent nights sleep for the first time in a long while thanks to you all.

Unfortunately, my PC is still out of action but I wanted to let you know in case since I couldn't check back in yesterday. However, I have lovely neighbour's who know about my PC drama and have said I can pop over and use theirs until mine is fixed (they were expecting me this early as they're off to a BBQ later)! xxx

Ps. Should I do anything else in preparation while I wait for the amended defence draft? Get copies of the last letters from Marlin and Cabot for example or proof of postage etc?

No idea at all really as to what I should do but don't want you to think I am leaving everything for you to do (if that makes sense)?? xxx.

Comment

I think we're pretty much there, all you need to do is ask on Monday for an extension to allow them to give you the documents and you to file the defence, so have a nice weekend and don't worry xxx If they say no we'll have to put in a ''holding'' defence on Tuesday.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ok I will definitely do that on Monday morning.

You have a lovely weekend also and I will check in again on Monday.

Thank you Amethyst xxx

Comment

Hi all and apologies for the late post

Having a bit of a wobble and a panic today. I could not find an email address for Restons to ask for the extension so decided to fax them this morning on the number they have at the top of the letter.

I then get home this afternoon to find a letter from them which has totally thrown me and trampled over any tiny bit of confidence I had. Plus I noticed at the bottom in small print that it says "we do not accept service of documents by fax or email". Anyway, my neighbour scanned the letter for me so I have uploaded it for you to have a look at it for me.

It just seems as though Restons have already won by the tone of their letter and they probably know I have no clue. It does not help that I sent that stupid non-negotiable letter from the goodf site
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Totrusting View Post
                  I then get home this afternoon to find a letter from them which has totally thrown me and trampled over any tiny bit of confidence I had. Plus I noticed at the bottom in small print that it says "we do not accept service of documents by fax or email". Anyway, my neighbour scanned the letter for me so I have uploaded it for you to have a look at it for me.
                  Don't panic, that's exactly what they want you to do, panic and throw in the towel! They've had years of practice attempting to intimidate people who defend their claims.

It just seems as though Restons have already won by the tone of their letter and they probably know I have no clue. It does not help that I sent that stupid non-negotiable letter from the goodf site
                  That must be where the Deed of Novation came from, I did wonder about their reply.

In addition to the GOODF letter, did you send a request under CPR 31.14 from this site? They seem to think you did! If so, you may want to look at the response Amethyst has posted here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...385#post410385.

Yes, the Northampton Bulk Centre allows claims to be served without the documents attached but that doesn't mean they don't need to prove that they have the right to claim the money. I could also send you a claim arguing you owe me money! :mmph:

...and just HOW would Restons know what you would have received when you opened an account with AA Personal Finance? :noidea:

Comment

Hi all and apologies for the late post

Having a bit of a wobble and a panic today. I could not find an email address for Restons to ask for the extension so decided to fax them this morning on the number they have at the top of the letter.
                    Presumably you didn't get an email reply to this one.
                    I then get home this afternoon to find a letter from them which has totally thrown me and trampled over any tiny bit of confidence I had. Plus I noticed at the bottom in small print that it says "we do not accept service of documents by fax or email".
                    You can always send the response by post (recorded delivery) AND email to cover all bases. :thumb:

Anyway, my neighbour scanned the letter for me so I have uploaded it for you to have a look at it for me.
                    Everybody needs good neighbours! :clap2: :clap2:

Comment

Hi Flaming Parrot

Thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement.

The CPR 31.14 I sent came to them was from the goodf site which I posted on here for Amethyst to see. That;s true...how on earth would they know about the original agreement? Yet, I probably would believe whatever they say as I am not familiar with how any of this works.

I didn't receive an email from them (did put an address I had set up just for them on the fax message). Guess I will have to post it but it won't help me now as my defence is due this Wednesday.

If I'm honest, I Just wish it was over now; whichever way it goes...

Having said that, part of me wants to fight to the death (metaphorically speaking of course); just because they're being such bullies...

:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

I restarted the clock in 2010 when I contacted them in writing
                        inadvertantly acknowledging the debt. Debt collectors had turned up at
                        my home after 8pm one evening threatening allsorts; I was so scared, I
                        cried myself to sleep, I didn't know what else to do.

Do you recall what you wrote?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Good morning Amethyst

Hope you are well? I know you're probably at work but just in case you check in I wanted to ask about the holding defence you mentioned as Restons obviously have no intention of agreeing to anything (I uploaded their last letter to me yesterday) and I'm really scared about tomorrow's impending deadline.

I will keep checking in and am keeping everything crossed. Hopefully I can submit the defence this evening to avoid any mishaps tomorrow. Knowing my luck, I'll have no computer access or no Internet connection or some other obstacle to stop me submitting it before the deadline.

Thanks in advance xxx

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...364#post452364 should be fine. If that letter was just asking information about the debt then you could add in that you believe any debt may be statute barred by virtue of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.

Don't worry about the Restons letter. I expect it will pop up again but you just have to do the ''I'm a lit in person and had trouble getting some help dealing with this debt and may have made some poor choices along the way'' if asked about it. You may well have a court hearing to attend, and as you are in fast track you may have a costs risk but as long as you keep us updated with any communication from claimant and court we'll try make sure if it needs negotiating and offering to pay by installments we'll help you with it and try get the best result. A lot depends now on whether they get the agreement.

and you're ok, I'm a mum so am at home and on here most of the time, though might be a bit on and off over next six weeks or so while it's summer hols xxxx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I can go and see if I can find the letter, I am sure I have it filed away somewhere.

Comment

Thank you so much Amethyst, I will start on this this afternoon. I totally understand about having to juggle children over the hols so won't bug you unless completely at a loss (just realised that may be too often)!

I am so scared about the court hearing, never been to court before and am worried I will not know what to say or even not be able to speak through fear. I hate sounding so melodramatic but this really is my worst nightmare.

Can I ask you what a lit in person means? See, no clue

Will the court hearing be in my own area (Surrey)? I couldn't afford to travel to the Northampton court. I am a self employed community worker but have no paid work and no funding in place so have no idea how I would pay costs. I will definitely keep you all informed and updated on any communication from them as well as the costs situation.

I cannot thank you enough and know I could not have got this far without you and the other helpful LB's. xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X