• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aaz vs Welcome Finance - plz help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaz vs Welcome Finance - plz help

Hi guys I'm new here and I'm desperate.

I have to go to court with Welcome Finance and IND on friday (18/07/2014) because of the amount owing a £5000 loan in 2008. I try not to make this too boring.

I was 21 young and stupid, I took out a few mobile phone contracts which were crippling my finances each month (but they were being paid) and I wanted to get a car and learn to drive it.

I'd had bad credit in the past with a credit card when I was 18 so couldn't get a loan from anyone, but when Welcome offered me the loan over the phone I thought all my troubles were over. They told me to go down to their office in Bracknell, and thats where I was the following day when they did their questionnaire 'thing'. Initially she told me the loan would be well under £250 a month which at the time I thought was manageable, she then went off for HOURS and I mean like 2-3 hours, due to 'system problems', yeah sure the salesperson kept popping her head through the door acting apologetic, but that's a long wait. Eventually she said I would have to return the next day because the systems had crashed and nothing was going through. I agreed to this request and returned the following day where I was sat in the same room, and the same salesperson went off and returned with the same excuse. Eventually, after about an hour she returned with the paper, sat at the desk and asked me to sign.
    I noticed the loan had PPI on it raising my overall monthly amount to £330. I told her I didn't want the PPI and she said that if I didn't take the PPI she would have to run my application back through the system, which was apparently playing up AND that the chances of me being approved for another loan WITHOUT PPI would most likely not go through because of my credit rating.
    I started to sweat. It was too much per month, but I needed the money. She could see I was on the ropes and she said that I could take it now and 'just cancel it with 30 days'. I buckled and signed, she gave me the paperwork and a cheque, out the door I went.

Fast forward 2 years and my payments have been regular, mostly and I completely forgot to cancel the PPI. I left my job and couldn't keep up the repayments, I phoned Welcome, told them the situation and EVENTUALLY they agreed to giving me lower repayments of £150 and they would basically hound me over the phone every couple of weeks asking me if my situation had changed. Only it did. On the 5th Jan 2010 I was nearly killed in a car accident and with a fractured pelvis getting around become alot more difficult. I lost my job (didn't pass the probationary period due to the crash) and when after 3 months £400 tries to run from my account due to Welcome I called them. They told me to phone the insurance company. I called them they couldn't find me on the system. I phoned Welcome they contacted them and paperwork was sent out (allegedly). When I didn't recieve said paperwork I called Welcome and went on a rant over the phone, proper angry stuff. I told the about the PPI, how I didn't want it, the repayments were too much RAH RAH RAH.
    I heard his ears prick up on the phone when I mentioned PPI. At that point when I calmed down he told me I had to put in writing the PPI claim send it to them and they would do the rest. OK I thought, he seemed nice enough. I sent the letter and after months I was told my PPI claim wouldn't go through because I don't have PPI. 'Ok' I thought 'WHY AM I PAYING FOR IT!'

After months of trying to contact them, emails (I've got some of these) and phone calls (on hold for 20-30 mins before I gave up 0870 number arent cheap) I gave up. Sod them I thought.

Fast forward to the present day and I have been hounded by 4 different debt companies on behalf of welcome, each time I tell them about the PPI and they run a mile. Now I'm dealing with IND and have already been to court once. The Judge seemed to be on my side and he suggested I go through the FSCS to make a claim and he would stay the hearing until then.

The PPI decision took FOREVER and unfortunately I'm not eligible for compensation because she told me it was on there. Never mind HOW she told you, or under what circumstances. The fact of the matter was I was getting zilch.

Upon hearing this IND sent me a copy of their defense and its basically saying I have no defense because of the FSCS decision. So I bricked it and started scanning through ALL of my paperwork. I found my Personal Loan Statement and it's interesting.

All in all I paid Welcome Finance £6681!

My Loan was over 3 years so £330 x 36 = 11880. WTF!

So now the closing date is Friday and I need help. My defense looking on the internet is going to be how I have already paid them back such a massive amount of money and how the loan was extortionate, but I don't think it'll be enough. I'm writing a court letter atm which I'm going to take to the Courthouse tomorrow so hopefully IND won't get a copy in time and wont expect the attack.

Please I'm laying it on the line here so if anyone can help I would be so grateful. Thanks for your time

Aaz

Re: Aaz vs Welcome Finance - plz help

Hi,

Welcome.

First of all, is Friday the date of the hearing that was adjourned pending the decision on the PPI?

Have you entered anything to court since the previous hearing ?

Have you asked for or got a copy of your credit agreement?

Obviously it's Tuesday so there's limited time to do very much but we'll try help you as much as we can.

Sharon
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X