• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MOVED: Lowell/Bryan Carter(Capital One) V RapidSavage

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOVED: Lowell/Bryan Carter(Capital One) V RapidSavage

Hi All

Just after some help and guidance, not sure what i have to do now, and might have done things wrong.

I panicked and phone Bryan Carters setting up a repayment plan, but then after reading this forum i realised i should have waited. (As you will see in the attached letters)

Firstly i received a letter from Bryan Carters regarding court claim, and the very next day i receive the court claim. So after reading this forum i sent off a CCA Request to Lowell and a copy to Bryan Carter. I also sent a CPR Request letter to Bryan Carters. ( I don't have any paperwork associated with the account )

I then acknowledged the claim on the website, where i think i made the second mistake. I filled in the section saying that i want to defend part of the claim. Should i have put defend all the claim ? Also is it possible the change on the website or does it remain as i have acknowledged ?

This was an old capital one credit card i believe i took out in 2000, but missed payments then stopped due to financial difficulties. I cant remember when the last payment was made, but when i spoke to Bryan Carters they said a payment of £10 was made around 2010 but i think that was a SAR Request but have no paperwork to back this up. I have checked my credit reports and this debt is no longer showing on any reports. The card only ever had a £400 - 500 limit so cant understand the inflated claim.

Will this be statue barred ? (Due to the £10 i believe not)

So i received the standard letter back from Bryan Carters (Fri 11/7) and then received another letter from them today (Sat 12/7) which i believe is in response to the copy CCA request, stating that they have put the account on hold. (What does this mean that the court claim is on hold or just on hold with Bryan Carters ?)

I have attached the scanned documents minus some personal info.

Do i need to SAR capital one to get statements and agreement as i have read other people have done this ?

I have a strong suspicion that Lowell will not be able to produce a credit agreement as this debt is over 14 year old.

I would appreciate any help or advice on the next course of action, do i need to send another letter to Bryan Carter regarding the CPR request. Do i just wait for Lowells to comply with the CCA request. Also do i need to/can i amend my acknowledgement to the claim on the website. Where do i start with a angle for defence as i don't agree with figure and could possibly be statue barred.

Also i have noticed a few people upgrading to VIP membership to stop prying eyes is this possible for myself, as i don't my contributing for the help i hope to receive. I have tried but says its isn't possible.

Thanks for reading and hope somebody can guide me on what to do next

(Please see attachments for particulars or claim and also letters received)
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell/Bryan Carter(Capital One) V RapidSavage

Hi, Welcome to the Forum, and thank you for such a clear first post

VIP is a good idea when in litigation - there is a minimum five post limit before you can upgrade yourself (just for security of other VIPs).

Could you tell me what amount you partially admitted, and what the basis of the negotiation to £200 a month was ?
    Is £200 a month affordable and sustainable ?
    Have they offered to send you a consent/tomlin order?

Regards, Sharon xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Lowell/Bryan Carter(Capital One) V RapidSavage

Thread moved to VIP http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-V-RapidSavage
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X