• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

parking eye do i ignore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking eye do i ignore?

I have just received a letter from parking eye for parking in my local aldi store for TEN minutes over the half+a half notice on their signposts in the carpark. I have NEVER had any trouble with police/parking etc. Is this fine enforcable? i was shopping with my girlfriend who was on crutches so took a lot longer than normal. i have read plenty of things on here saying to ignore them! have i agreed to pay them money? have i entered into a contract for parking in their carpark? do i contact aldi first or do i just ignore everything? i certainly dont want to end up in court over it! any advice VERY gladly welcomed!!

Re: parking eye do i ignore?

How much is the 'fine' for ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by c7rugby View Post
      I have just received a letter from parking eye for parking in my local aldi store for TEN minutes over the half+a half notice on their signposts in the carpark. I have NEVER had any trouble with police/parking etc. Is this fine enforcable? i was shopping with my girlfriend who was on crutches so took a lot longer than normal. i have read plenty of things on here saying to ignore them! have i agreed to pay them money? have i entered into a contract for parking in their carpark? do i contact aldi first or do i just ignore everything? i certainly dont want to end up in court over it! any advice VERY gladly welcomed!!

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a customer of Aldi and had an invalid to look after. In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss as well as being an amount larger than permitted under the BPA code of practice to which you subscribe.

I will not name the driver as i am under no statutory obligation to do so.

Please accept my appeal or supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Edit http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter to suit for a popla appeal.

It does work http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories Yes that hasn't been updated for a while but it'd just be more of the same

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        How much is the 'fine' for ?
        The fine is 70quid which is reduced to 40 if I reply in 14days.am worried if I reply that I am acknowledging their fine!? I am tempted to send a stinking letter to aldi to get THEM to contact parking eye+have it dropped!there are lots of ppl saying just ignore them as the parking notice is not legally enforcable! Would they take it to a county court/have bailiffs involved?

Comment

Some ppl on here are saying ignore them completely+dont try+involve any appeal procedure as they will just keep on sending warning/threatening letters regardless of my circumstances!

Comment

Ignoring is no longer an option.

At the same time as appealing harass Aldi to get the charge dropped. Local manager first (take in your receipt) then upwards. Even Facebook.

Comment

Some ppl on here are saying ignore them completely+dont try+involve any appeal procedure as they will just keep on sending warning/threatening letters regardless of my circumstances!
              Some people say the the world is flat, Elvis is alive, sweetcorn is good, Rangers are better than Celtic etc. These people should also be avoided and shot as required.

M1

Comment

Aldi appeal First

If they refuse to do anything as would be expected pay or appeal to POPLA remembering if appeal fails this may end in a CCJ

You have to decide if paying 50 quid is better than all the Hassle

Its your choice really these companies want the money and will try to get

Comment

Will contact aldi+also send parking eye a copy of the letter you put on here.its a free carpark,i was using aldi store,i overstayed by only 10mins+only noticed the time limit after their letter as signs are up high. I had a person with crutches with me aswell. I could argue their charge is in no relation to any loss as was FREE carpark so their trying 2 impose a penalty which they cant do?

Comment

Will contact aldi+also send parking eye a copy of the letter you put on here.its a free carpark,i was using aldi store,i overstayed by only 10mins+only noticed the time limit after their letter as signs are up high. I had a person with crutches with me aswell. I could argue their charge is in no relation to any loss as was FREE carpark so their trying 2 impose a penalty which they cant do?

Whilst i agree with you, and the popla template includes this, it is likely a poor point to challenge on until the Beavis appeal.
                    http://www.legalbeagles.info/judgmen...ParkingEye.pdf

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X