• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! :-( Banned form Asda for shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! :-( Banned form Asda for shoplifting

Hiya I just signed up today as I have seen some good advicegiven on here. I was wondering if somebody could offer me some advice with myproblem.
    I was excused of shoplifting in Dec 2013 in ASDA. I was atthe self-scan, when I scanned my items but mistakenly forgot to scan onewithout noticing. Well anyway I paid, but as I was walking out the door the securityguard said I hadn’t scanned all my items, I said ok ill go back. But she wouldn’tlisten and took me into a room and made me sign a letter banning me from allASDA stores nationwide.
    Then she said she was going to call the police and that Iwould have a criminal record. But the police never came to the store. She tookme back to the till and then I paid for the goods (£3.00). The security guardthen told me that the police would be visiting me at home and then I left thestore. But I never heard anything from them, no letter from the police, nocall, NOTHING!

I am applying for a job that requires a DBS to be done, willthis incident appear on it? Does this mean I have a criminal record? And does thatletter count as a police caution/warning?
    I have NEVER been in trouble with the police EVER.
    I am really worried. Seriously losing sleep over it. If someonecould but my nerves as ease that would be great.
    Many thanks.

Tags: None

Re: Help! :-(

If you have never seen or heard from the police, then no, you don't have a criminal record. All you have is a ban from Asda. Really don't worry xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hiya
      Will this incident never show up on my CRB then? And also if the security guard called the police, I find it odd that they didn't come! (By all means I am glad), I feel they may have something on me because they were contacted; hence I am worried.

Thank you so much for reassuring me, I have been worrying abt this for the past 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by yellow View Post
        Hiya
        Will this incident never show up on my CRB then? And also if the security guard called the police, I find it odd that they didn't come! (By all means I am glad), I feel they may have something on me because they were contacted; hence I am worried.

Thank you so much for reassuring me, I have been worrying abt this for the past 6 months.
        Oh god you poor thing, I would hope the police have got more important things on than dealing with some irrational security guard in ASDA. To have a criminal record you have to have been charged, or at very least cautioned by the police - that means you have to have at least spoken to a police officer.

So do you miss going in ASDA?

Do you still have the letter they gave you regarding being banned from the stores? Might help reassure you if we see that and confirm it's a nothingness.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hey

I can live without going to asda trust me.

But just the thought of something stupid coming up like that on my crb is scaring me as I want to go into social work.

I binned the letter in anger! Just feel so scared but stupid at the same time. :-(

Comment

Bet you double check everything you put through the auto checkout now tho. Really don't feel stupid, the ASDA security's response was over the top for a simple error.

I'm sure some others will pop in with some words of wisdom over the weekend too xx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: Help! :-( Banned form Asda for shoplifting

I never go to a self-check out now, and I am never going too!
              My DBS check should come through on Monday but I am still petrified, I just hope its clear! :-(
              Thank you for taking the time to reply back to me neway, especially on the weekend.
              Thanks again take care.

Comment

Best of luck - not with the DBS as I'm sure that will be fine - but with fulfilling your want to become involved in Social Work. A much needed, tough, v. rewarding, role. If nothing else you can take this experience forwards with you and remember how sh*t you were made to feel for so long over a tiny error in judgment. xx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Never ever use self checkouts if you make a mistake and till operators do you may get this kind of treatment
                  If I have to I ask the person overseeing the self service tills to scan it al then I pay

Comment

Hey I just wanted to let you know that my DBS came back clear, I feel so relieved!! Also, thank you some much for you advice.
                    I do have one question though. Does this mean that just because my DBS has come back clear this time, this incident will never ever come up on another DBS I have done in the future?

Comment

How could you have "stolen" anything when they marched you back to pay for the missing item. As to being banned from ASDA nationwide have they circulated your photo & description - I don't think so just don't go that one again. The chances are it hasn't gone any further than it did on the day.

Comment

i am used the new scan as you go round the shop in tesco, got back to pay at till and not sure so asked for some assitance, they said they would do a random check, just pick one or two items to scan, i said ok fine, first thing they scanned had not been scanned by me, so they had to take the whole trolley out and re scan. they found nothing else, and the item missed was less than £1. I think they realised it was a mistake. if i was going to put something in my trolley and not pay for it, i would have had something more than a £1. my total bill was over £150. so these mistakes happen, i really wouldn't beat yourself up over it.

Comment

Hey I just wanted to let you know that my DBS came back clear, I feel so relieved!! Also, thank you some much for you advice.
                          I do have one question though. Does this mean that just because my DBS has come back clear this time, this incident will never ever come up on another DBS I have done in the future?
                          Ahh great news, not that I doubted it. This incident WILL NEVER appear on your DBS as you were not charged. So please don't let it worry you a moment longer xxx

Wish you all the best for your future career xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Phew! Thank you so much for you advice and support.
                            And can I just say this website is ace! I will defo be recommending it to other ppl should they need to seek sound advice.

Many thanks, all the best. xxx

Comment

Hey

I can live without going to asda trust me.

But just the thought of something stupid coming up like that on my crb is scaring me as I want to go into social work.

I binned the letter in anger! Just feel so scared but stupid at the same time. :-(
                              Hello Yellow,
                              Do not be afraid to return to Asda as long as you never intend to do that "mistake" again.I was doing that stupid thing 3 years ago in Primark,I paid a fine of £80 to the Police but I was banned from all Primark Stores,too.I have regretted my stupid action so uch that I swore that I will never ever do it again.I have learnt my lesson.As you I was very scared to enter in any of Primark stores ,but last year I pushed my luck to see what is happen if I go and I purchase normally as any others.Nobody kicked me out and since then I am doing shopping normally from any of their Stores as long as I pay for all my items.Hope that it helps you to try going to Asda and see what is happen.Anyone deserve a second chance in his life if reckon their mistake.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X