• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Grass Roots Financial continue to harass and now more threats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grass Roots Financial continue to harass and now more threats

Also Do you now have a CCJ against you by MBNA/Restons ? and up to the point you engaged GRF were you in default with the credit card ?

(sorry for multiple questions)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

OMFG im in the wrong job, perhaps i should tell everyone their credit agreements are unenforceable and then charge a shedload of money for the service.

Back on planet earth however, if the contract is enforceable they arent entitled to payment. That is clear from the terms of the contract

You must however reply to that letter as it is a formal letter before action so can carry costs consequences if you fail to rreply
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Just noticed the £175 monthly claims management fee as well ?

So how much did you pay them in total already?

Oh yes PT don't worry we'll be replying to that letter.

OMFG im in the wrong job, perhaps i should tell everyone their credit agreements are unenforceable and then charge a shedload of money for the service.
        But thankfully you prefer to be able to sleep at night.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Okay need to pick over this a little bit.

SETTLEMENT FEE

MONTHLY CLAIMS MANAGEMENT FEE

Attached Files
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Also those letters from Legal Direct - the first (FEB 2011) states they have failed to respond to the CCA request - the second (MARCH 2011) says they have had your agreement ''Audited''.

Then Ashton Fox says ( MARCH 2012) that they provided an agreement AFTER submitting your 'holding defence' and therefore it's enforceable.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Hardly ANY credit agreements come back within the 12+2 days allowed in the CCA. It doesn't matter now, and didn't in 2011, as they can basically produce the documents right up until the point of judgment.

Did they ever send you a copy of your credit agreement with the original creditor?
              Yes, I did receive a copy of the credit agreement. I'm trying to find it amongst all the paperwork.

Comment

Also Do you now have a CCJ against you by MBNA/Restons ? and up to the point you engaged GRF were you in default with the credit card ?

(sorry for multiple questions)
                Yes, the case went to court and a CCJ against us by Restons on behalf of MBNA. Prior to using GRF we were not in default with the credit card

Comment

Just noticed the £175 monthly claims management fee as well ?

So how much did you pay them in total already?

Oh yes PT don't worry we'll be replying to that letter.

But thankfully you prefer to be able to sleep at night.
                  Okay, there was an initial payment of £954 for the solicitor service (Legal Direct/ATM Solicitors), and then we did begin to pay their claims management fee.

Their initial costs £954
                  Claims management fee £3474
                  Total that we paid in instalments until the matter was going to court £838.44
                  Balance according to GRF as at 28 May 2012 £2635.56

Balance as at 11 July 2014 £3458.31 (this is for added interest and an additional £750 they are claiming for their "recovery" costs)

The £175 was their standard minimum monthly payment, but because we were also in a debt management plan the amount was reduced to £93.16 a month and was deducted from the £226 a month that we were paying into the debt management plan)

Hope that all makes sense

Comment

Okay need to pick over this a little bit.

SETTLEMENT FEE

MONTHLY CLAIMS MANAGEMENT FEE

If it helps there were two outcomes, the first being settlement. My understanding it that this would be applicable if the creditor offered a settlement figure. The second is in a case of unenforceability which is the one I'm faced with at the moment.

Comment

Hi elgin

Please bear with Amethyst for a bit as it's her children's feeding time around this time but I'm sure she'll be back to assist you shortly.

In the meantime, when you say you took this to the MOJ a year ago, who did you deal with there?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                        Hi elgin

Please bear with Amethyst for a bit as it's her children's feeding time around this time but I'm sure she'll be back to assist you shortly.

In the meantime, when you say you took this to the MOJ a year ago, who did you deal with there?
                        Hi EXC thanks for the update, and apologies to Amethyst for adding to her already busy schedule. We know what that's like, we have five children the youngest now is eighteen so job almost complete!! Re the MOJ, I've a letter from them dated 5 September 2012 in response to my complaint against GRF. The letter is from a Mrs Jennifer Greatorex, Claims Management Officer, Claims Management Regulation Unit.

Comment

Ok I'm going to send you a private message.

Comment

post removed
                            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi, It's fine honestly xx

If it helps there were two outcomes, the first being settlement. My understanding it that this would be applicable if the creditor offered a settlement figure. The second is in a case of unenforceability which is the one I'm faced with at the moment.
                              Okay, there was an initial payment of £954 for the solicitor service (Legal Direct/ATM Solicitors), and then we did begin to pay their claims management fee.

Their initial costs £954
                              Claims management fee £3474
                              Total that we paid in instalments until the matter was going to court £838.44
                              Balance according to GRF as at 28 May 2012 £2635.56

Balance as at 11 July 2014 £3458.31 (this is for added interest and an additional £750 they are claiming for their "recovery" costs)

The £175 was their standard minimum monthly payment, but because we were also in a debt management plan the amount was reduced to £93.16 a month and was deducted from the £226 a month that we were paying into the debt management plan)

What was the Debt Management plan you had ? Do you still have that running ?

Did they have a standing order set up to take a monthly amount ?

I'm pretty sure that term in full is unenforceable in a consumer contract, for starters it sounds like they will be taking 30% of your debt value every month for an indeterminate time period.

If you send EXC the MOJ letter (which is fine to do btw) can you send him your complaint to the MOJ as well.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, It's fine honestly xx

What was the Debt Management plan you had ? Do you still have that running ?

Did they have a standing order set up to take a monthly amount ?

I'm pretty sure that term in full is unenforceable in a consumer contract, for starters it sounds like they will be taking 30% of your debt value every month for an indeterminate time period.

If you send EXC the MOJ letter (which is fine to do btw) can you send him your complaint to the MOJ as well.
                                Hi Amethyst,

We had a debt management plan paying to GRF £226 a month by standing order, minimum contract 24 months so it was ended beginning of 2013. Overall using GRF has cost us thousands of pounds, and we were naïve back then, having our company fail in the economic climate led us in debt and we were vulnerable looking for help. To any poor souls reading this thread, please consider very carefully before entering into any contractural arrangement with a company offering to help you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X