• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Grass Roots Financial continue to harass and now more threats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grass Roots Financial continue to harass and now more threats

With your Debt Management Plan, did the payments you made go to your creditors and how did effect your position with the debts included on the DMP ?

Do you have those debts with Stepchange now or we're they paid up?

Thanks for the letters btw. Things in progress with MOJ on that score. We need to respond to Dures though so need to draft a 'this debt is in dispute' letter to them.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      With your Debt Management Plan, did the payments you made go to your creditors and how did effect your position with the debts included on the DMP ?

Do you have those debts with Stepchange now or we're they paid up?

Thanks for the letters btw. Things in progress with MOJ on that score. We need to respond to Dures though so need to draft a 'this debt is in dispute' letter to them.
      The monthly payment of £226 was inclusive of the GRF monthly fee.. I'll PM the specifics to you. We still have those debts but now handle them directly from the support of Stepchange. We're sooooooo grateful to you and Nick for taking the time to stop and listen to our distress call, after three years it's so good to know that there really are people out there who care about the little guys - bless you.

Comment

Okay, I think putting a complaint in with the Financial Ombudsman is a good idea, particularly as you wish to reclaim the money you paid by installments.

Dures only need to be made aware the account is in dispute so I think you only need be brief;

something like....

Dear DC Admin Team

Further to your letter dated 7th July 2014 regarding 'overdue account with' your client, Legal Ness Ltd, ' in the sum of £3459.31' I would like to confirm to you that this account is in dispute with GrassRoots (Financial) Ltd.

GrassRoots (Financial) Ltd solicitors, Ashton Fox, wrote to us on 5th March 2012, stating 'the lender has now complied with its obligations under the Consumer Credit Legislation whereby, the debt has become due' and 'I would strongly recommend that settlement negotiations are commenced before it is too late'.

We consider any Contractual Obligations fulfilled by GrassRoots (Financial) Ltd were paid for through the upfront fee paid to them of £XXXX and they are not entitled to any success fee. We consider the terms within their contract to be unfair under the UTCCR 1999, particuarly term 2.3.2(d).

We are in discussion directly with GrassRoots (Financial) Ltd, as well as the Ministry of Justice, and intend on making a complaint through the Financial Ombudsman to obtain a refund of the 'Claims Management Fee' paid to date.

Your sincerely

xxxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Okay, I think putting a complaint in with the Financial Ombudsman is a good idea, particularly as you wish to reclaim the money you paid by installments.

Dures only need to be made aware the account is in dispute so I think you only need be brief;

something like....

Dear DC Admin Team

Further to your letter dated 7th July 2014 regarding 'overdue account with' your client, Legal Ness Ltd, ' in the sum of £3459.31' I would like to confirm to you that this account is in dispute with GrassRoots (Financial) Ltd.

GrassRoots (Financial) Ltd solicitors, Ashton Fox, wrote to us on 5th March 2012, stating 'the lender has now complied with its obligations under the Consumer Credit Legislation whereby, the debt has become due' and 'I would strongly recommend that settlement negotiations are commenced before it is too late'.

We consider any Contractual Obligations fulfilled by GrassRoots (Financial) Ltd were paid for through the upfront fee paid to them of £XXXX and they are not entitled to any success fee. We consider the terms within their contract to be unfair under the UTCCR 1999, particuarly term 2.3.2(d).

We are in discussion directly with GrassRoots (Financial) Ltd, as well as the Ministry of Justice, and intend on making a complaint through the Financial Ombudsman to obtain a refund of the 'Claims Management Fee' paid to date.

Your sincerely

xxxx
          You're an absolute star!! Let's see what kind of response (if any) that gets.

Comment

Its a start

I do think you should put in an Ombudsman complaint. I note that you did threaten legal action and FOS, MOJ etc back in 2012 but so far as I'm aware you only contacted the MOJ and got the usual 'we can't do anything' rubbish back.

The main thing is to ensure Dures are aware there is a dispute on this debt, then if they do issue a statutory demand, they do so in the full knowledge the debt is disputed. If you DO get one, come on here asap, and don't panic.

Have a read through this
            http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ts-Stat-Demand
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X