• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim received Cabot/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Help needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim received Cabot/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Help needed please

Hi Court claim received dated 20th June re old Vanquish credit card - old debt but nowhere near amount claimed if anything owed at all.

Followed adviice and today received letter from Cabot saying they need 40 days to supply documents and from Mortimers confirming awaiting papers from Cabot and my account out in hold. T/call to court theyconfirmed they need my defence by 23/7/14 unsure how to word . Please help x
    Tags: None

Re: Court claim received Cabot/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Help needed please

Hello Sharon.
    Don’t worry, someone from the clever team will be along soon to advise. Here is a hug to keep you going. :hug:

xx

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Can you provide a full background to this account please, because your actions will be determined by many factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
        Can you provide a full background to this account please, because your actions will be determined by many factors.
        Hi and Thanks. The first thing I knew was a Court Claim from Claimant Cabot & Solicitor Mortimer Clarke for £1206.04 plus costs £1356.04

Claim particulars : by agreement between Vanquish and the defendant on or around 7/11/2007. Credit card . Agreement assigned to claimant on 23/2/11.

I held a Vanquish card many years ago but only with a £250 limit which I believe my ex partner settled for me due to excessive repayment charges - I have no proof if this but believe it to be true.

I have and checked my credit file and no mention of above is mentioned.

i sent letters to both Cabot and Mortimer Clarke. Both responded : Cabot requiring 40 days to supply which seems standard and Mortimers saying account on hold and requested info from Cabot. I telephoned the court and need to supply defence by 23/7/14. I am due to go on holiday on 14/7/14 .
        Can I file my defence now on lack of proof that I owe the money? Can I do it now ? I would be grateful for your help with what I put as my defence. Many Thanks

Comment

Ive seen a few of these Cabot responses recently. It does seem as if they are confusing Data Protection Act with Consumer Credit Act requests.

Needless to say after 12 days plus service, they are in breach of s.78 (1) CCA 1974.

Yes, as you are going on holiday, get your holding defence filed.

I would also recommend going VIP to prevent the opposition viewing this thread, especially if you want to draft and share your defence on here. I just recommended Sandman do the same as he has a similar situation to you.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/payments.php
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Many thanks I know I'm probably a bit stupid but I've never done this before. How do I word my defence please ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X