• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

I'd forward that on to Marlbrough and ask them for their final response so you can take it back to the FO. xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

That's a great idea, thanks a lot, Amethyst!

Comment

Why did the FO say go back to Marlborough ? Did you not go through Marlborough complaints first and get a final answer or past 8 weeks ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus449 View Post
          I phoned up the Financial Conduct Authority today regarding the issue. She has logged my information into the database, the more people that do this the better. Thanks
          whats is the number and what are the questions you get asked. i have just not replayed to any letters or phone calls

Comment

did you here back from them. and has the course given your money back to the lone company

Comment

Originally posted by MrMuckells
              Hi Everyone, WOW I can't believe we've all been duped by this! I signed up with BrightSpark Sept 2015 and the main reasons I want to cancel is not finically its the absolute lack of help you get from anyone at BrightSpark during the course, and then When I emailed customer care to ask about cancellation I was told i couldn't after 21 days.... Well thats not what i was told at my homer visit Ive just emailed them the following reply to see if it does any good

To Customer Care

Thanks for your speedy reply but I'm totally baffled by this, Can I just ask was there a Credit check done on me prior to starting the course? As the bright spark representative never once mentioned there would be at the home visit? If i was told there was a credit check done on me then i would probably not have went any further with the BrightSpark course.

I was also reassured on my home visit that BrightSpark tutors would be in regular Contact with me through my distance learning to give any assistance or guidance, Not once has a Tutor Webmail/Emailed or Phoned me to offer any guidance or ask my progress....NOT ONCE

Another thing that I was told at the home visit that i could cancel the course at any time throughout the course,This was one of the main reasons I went with BrightSpark,So is this not the case?This is a HUGE HUGE misrepresentation of your course, If I was told the truth at the home visit that I could not opt out of the course and payments at any time there is no way I would have started the course in the first place,Ive got a feeling this is why I was misinformed massively so I would be lured into signing up...Which I was.

I must say the way the course was sold from your representative at my home visit is way off the mark to the service and information I feel Ive received, in fact I'd go as far to say its the complete opposite to how your course is sold at the home visits.Can you tell me do the BrightSpark representatives get a commission for students that sign up? can you email me some evidence that they do/do not either way please.

Do you have a personal Email and Phone number for a Manager please? Someone i can reference to the Trading Standards,City & Guilds and my Solicitor, Im absolutely in shock at the information that you feed to prospective students at the home visits where in the light of reality is far from the truth.I feel like I've been brought into a scam more than a course.

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards
              Sadly your experience is not untypical. Do let us know their response.

Comment

You also need to check the paperwork around the finance for the course.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ive had no correspondence back today so Ive just re sent my previous email just to make sure it arrived, Hopefully I will hear back from them tomorrow, Im very keen to know whether the course representatives make a commission from any students that sign up to the course from their home visits as this will explain why a lot of people are told they can cancel anytime during the course (Amongst other things that they promise) so they aren't scared off, Im looking forward to hearing back from them

Comment

Hi,I have signed up to the Full Scope Domestic Installer course in December 2014, I have continued to complete the course modules until frustration kicked in when I couldn't complete a simple health & safety pre attendance test, which led me to check online to see if people were having similar problems. During that search I found this forum and the information I have found has led me to believe that the course I have "purchased" has been misrepresented. I am currently still paying for the course which is costing 145 per month, and my finance is with career finance 4 trade skills LTD. I have done a free credit check on noddle and this course is not on there. Aswell as not being told about signing up to fixed sum loan, I have never seen that computer compatibility form in my life and I was never informed that I had to sort out work experience/placement in order to complete the course. I was also told that all you needed to do was attend the course at the training centres in order to complete the qualifications, I would have never signed up to the course if this was the case, the whole point of signing upto to TG was so that it had the whole package. Where do I start in terms of trying to get out of this course? How would I be able to prove that it was misrepresented? As majority of the evidence is from the tutor spieling me and my mum sales talk at our house? Surely me not signing that computer compatibility form is a way out?

Comment

Originally posted by karlm664 View Post
                      Hi,I have signed up to the Full Scope Domestic Installer course in December 2014, I have continued to complete the course modules until frustration kicked in when I couldn't complete a simple health & safety pre attendance test, which led me to check online to see if people were having similar problems. During that search I found this forum and the information I have found has led me to believe that the course I have "purchased" has been misrepresented. I am currently still paying for the course which is costing 145 per month, and my finance is with career finance 4 trade skills LTD. I have done a free credit check on noddle and this course is not on there. Aswell as not being told about signing up to fixed sum loan, I have never seen that computer compatibility form in my life and I was never informed that I had to sort out work experience/placement in order to complete the course. I was also told that all you needed to do was attend the course at the training centres in order to complete the qualifications, I would have never signed up to the course if this was the case, the whole point of signing upto to TG was so that it had the whole package. Where do I start in terms of trying to get out of this course? How would I be able to prove that it was misrepresented? As majority of the evidence is from the tutor spieling me and my mum sales talk at our house? Surely me not signing that computer compatibility form is a way out?
                      Your first step should be to file a formal complaint to them, detailing the discrepencies between what you were told & sold and what you're getting.

Comment

Hi Everyone, Ive sent 2 replies to their initial response as in the email i copied on here but I have had no response back, I asked for a managers contact email or number so i could reference them to the trading standards so they is a one person dealing with it instead of getting passed around but Ive had no response back after my 2 emails, Has anyone got any advice for my next steps? Thanks in advance

Comment

I think you need to give them a little more time to respond to be honest.

Comment

Yeah your right EXC its just there first reply was very speedy i just assumed the rest would be the same

Comment

MrMuckells,

Do you have a copy of the letter advising you of the 21 days cancellation ?? it would be interesting to read it, please post.

Comment

Im trying to upload it from my MacBook [MENTION=79668]greenz82[/MENTION] but I'm not very tech minded lol ill keep trying

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X