• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court summons recieved for forgotten £15 C Tax..now £250

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court summons recieved for forgotten £15 C Tax..now £250

Hi...I today recieved in the post a court summons for the 24th i think,its soon anyway...because i failed to pay the one request i had ( recived 1 letter/demand) for the amount of 15 pounds for council tax...I am disabled and on benefit so get a reduced council tax bill.The council first sent me a full bill , then a big questionaire thing as if i was a new claiment,i rang and said no , then they sent me the £15 correct bill...I forgot all about it until the other day, I tried to ring my council but after 5 minutes of waiting on the phone I decided I would ring again soon, i do suffer symptoms trying to get through to these people and just using my bad reception phone.Now it appears they want full payment of 150 and 95 for the summons letter/action taken.
    I rang them and said that I only recieved 1 letter and as I am on opiate medication and forget things easily,and they are already aware of my disabilities, can i be excused for this simple mistake...and then i said if i fill out the income and expenditure form then you will only get max £5 a month anyway as I cannot afford my basic living costs now as i need a car in order to not be housebound (thanks to no benefit available in this country allowing disabled people to be independant my food/basic living money goes on travel).
    Thing is I was willing to struggle, starve and suffer in order to pay the £15 a month they wanted, thing is what with reacent ills and events I honestly just forgot to pay the £15 , next thing its this,court and extra to pay...I have heart problems, spinal and am still not diagnosed ...So I do not need the stress...I told the council today that I find there tactics bullying and taking advantage of me a disbled vulnerable person ,by acting in this way they are causing me stress and the outcome cannot be of benefit to anyone as it is clearly obvious I cannot afford the amount demanded let alone need the stress of it....The council just said to send them the income and expenditure form and we can go from there .
    Part of me wants to go to court and to just see what evidence they think is resonable in order to drag a sick man there for failing to pay £15 once.

Should I go to court and hope a judge sees what a waist of time the process would be?...or should I grovel and beg to these heartless scumbags at Pendle Borough Council?
    Tags: None

Re: Court summons recieved for forgotten £15 C Tax..now £250

Went to court against the advise of the 2 people i dealt with at pendle borough council regarding the issue, both employees of Pendle Council told me that going to court was a waist of time as the money WILL be taken from my benefit money weather it means starvation or not.
    Luckerly I was miss-informed by Pendle Council`s employees and I now, after going to court and explaining the situation, no longer have to pay the £95 fine.
    SO...GO TO COURT if you have been miss-treated and dis-respected like myself...do not be scared of the place or believe what your council tells you before hand as they seem in on the act of trying to squeese money from people who do not have it, no matter what your circumstances...They remind me of that Goodfellas movie,the scene where they are collecting debts and the voice over says "house burnt down,F U pay me" "kid got run over and you have hos bills,F-Y pay me"...That is the councils attitude...Load of F-in wannabee Gangsters IMO.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X