• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

01422861036 / 01422 861036

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01422861036 / 01422 861036

Not a clue who this is, telemarketing of somesort, but hung up when I answered.

Weren't they meant to have stopped doing the autodial / hang up malarky ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: 01422861036 / 01422 861036

I've googled thenm and apparently they are a market research company.

Comment

market research ie they are getting personal details from you so that they can sell it on to other companies.

Had one of those the other day who told me that the call was being recorded. I told him that I too was recording the call and it would be forwarded to the ICO as they were calling a number that was registered with the TPS and could be making them liable for a £500,000 fine. They hung up ever so quick.

Comment

Thanks

Didn't a rule get laid down by Ofcom about autodialers causing silent calls a couple years back ?
        Last edited by Amethyst; 7th July 2014, 12:04:PM. Reason: doh ! Ofcom not Ofgem
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/...rketing-calls/
          this might be helpful:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Abandoned and silent calls

Ofcom is responsible for taking enforcement action against organisations that make abandoned and silent calls, using its powers undersections 128 to 131 of the Communications Act 2003 in relation to persistent misuse of networks or services. Ofcom takes this issue very seriously as such calls are annoying, inconvenient and can cause anxiety, particularly for older people who live alone.

Ofcom has issued Guidelines2 which set out the steps it expects users of Automatic Calling Systems (ACS) and Answer Machine Detection (AMD) technology to take so as to avoid making abandoned or silent calls and, if such calls are made, to limit the consumer harm causes as a result. These steps include:

 Ensuring an abandoned call rate (including a reasoned estimate of false positives3) of no more than 3 per cent of live calls per campaign or per call centre over any 24 hour period;

 Ensuring that people are not contacted within 72 hours of their receiving an abandoned call without the guaranteed presence of a live operator;

 Playing an automated message in the event of an abandoned call telling the person called on whose behalf the call was made and providing them with a number to dial to stop any future marketing calls from that organisation;

 Making valid and accurate calling-line identification (CLI) information available to call recipients so they can identify who rang them via caller display or by dialling 1471 in the event of a silent call; and

 Ensuring that where a call has been identified by AMD equipment as being picked up by an answer machine, any repeat calls to that specific number within the same 24 hour period4 are only made with the guaranteed presence of a live operator.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

013580008, informing me I have had a road accident in the last 12 months, http://uk.whocalledme.com/PhoneNumber/013580008

Comment

http://whocalld.com/call/1bb621df05e...259068f8b0.mp3
                Don't let them grind you down

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Not a clue who this is, telemarketing of somesort, but hung up when I answered.

Weren't they meant to have stopped doing the autodial / hang up malarky ?
                  Hi,

I'm the MD of this company. We are called Teamsearch Market Research. Not marketers, we don't sell anything and we don't pass or sell on information. Pure research. We also don't use any auto diallers etc - everything is done manually so if you've had a 'silent' call it will be pure bad luck that my interviewer has hung up at the point you picked up - sorry about that.

We operate strictly by the Market Research Society guidelines. We primarily operate customer satisfaction research whereby we are given a database of customers by the organisation the respondent is a customer of. We do also conduct research on general topics as well.

We've recently conducted a study with teenagers in Scotland for example on the topic of the referendum. We run public consultation research when things like wind farms are being proposed in local areas - now I'm sure you'd all like to ensure you have your say when it comes to things like this!

Every product you use in your daily life, every service you use in your daily life have all been developed and improved through research.

Many thanks

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                    market research ie they are getting personal details from you so that they can sell it on to other companies.

Had one of those the other day who told me that the call was being recorded. I told him that I too was recording the call and it would be forwarded to the ICO as they were calling a number that was registered with the TPS and could be making them liable for a £500,000 fine. They hung up ever so quick.

Hi,

Market research is exempt from TPS and I can categorically state we have never and will never sell on any information or personal data. Without permission we would be breaking data protection laws.

appreciate with so many PPI claim type companies out there the genuine market research companies get a bad name but we do exist! and there's actually a lot of us.

Thanks

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Hogan View Post
                      Hi,

I'm the MD of this company. We are called Teamsearch Market Research. Not marketers, we don't sell anything and we don't pass or sell on information. Pure research. We also don't use any auto diallers etc - everything is done manually so if you've had a 'silent' call it will be pure bad luck that my interviewer has hung up at the point you picked up - sorry about that.

We operate strictly by the Market Research Society guidelines. We primarily operate customer satisfaction research whereby we are given a database of customers by the organisation the respondent is a customer of. We do also conduct research on general topics as well.

We've recently conducted a study with teenagers in Scotland for example on the topic of the referendum. We run public consultation research when things like wind farms are being proposed in local areas - now I'm sure you'd all like to ensure you have your say when it comes to things like this!

Every product you use in your daily life, every service you use in your daily life have all been developed and improved through research.

Many thanks

Rob
                      Hi Rob, and Welcome to the forum. It's good to have some of the companies making these calls keeping an eye out for poor reports.

We don't carry many reports on here (as we're not a dedicated telephone report forum) so mostly it is just where members of the forum, and me, receive calls that can be slightly annoying. I agree it is too easy to lump them all in the same basket and the explosion in cold calling for PPI and Personal Injury must have made life for the bona fide market research companies very difficult as people are less and less enthusiastic to talk to random people calling them up.

The call I received was just a silent call, which automatically gets me reporting it to save others the bother of picking it up. I haven't looked about the usual reporting sites to see if it is a common occurrence or not.

Kind regards

Sharon
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Sharon - it would've definitely been an unfortunate coincidence rather than an actual silent call as we don't operate any automated systems. The interviewers all dial the numbers by hand. They're trained to leave every number to ring a min of 7 times and we set a bar on interviewing software to not bring up a record on screen if it has reached a limit of 5 attempts.

My guys will always be polite and accept any refusal at all ..even better, you could say yes, give us 5 to 10 mins and maybe improve the way a service is run or the way a product is made

thanks for you quick reply

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Hogan View Post
                          Thanks Sharon - it would've definitely been an unfortunate coincidence rather than an actual silent call as we don't operate any automated systems. The interviewers all dial the numbers by hand. They're trained to leave every number to ring a min of 7 times and we set a bar on interviewing software to not bring up a record on screen if it has reached a limit of 5 attempts.

My guys will always be polite and accept any refusal at all ..even better, you could say yes, give us 5 to 10 mins and maybe improve the way a service is run or the way a product is made

thanks for you quick reply

I don't actually mind talking to market researchers, it can be quite interesting, you just get a bit jaded after all the 'you might have won an ipod' and recorded, ppi, debt, and silent calls that you tend to answer the phone with trepidation.

If any other reports of your number do come up I'll try and point them to your posts.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                            013580008, informing me I have had a road accident in the last 12 months, http://uk.whocalledme.com/PhoneNumber/013580008

I am getting similar calls on http://www.badnumbers.co.uk/0333-323-0382/ and there seems to be hundreds if not thousands of different numbers being used for this accident claims caller alone. Nevermind the PPI rubbish and Microsoft scammers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X