• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reconstituted CCA from Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconstituted CCA from Barclaycard

Hello all,

I issued CCA request to Barclaycard.They have responded with reconstituted agreement which states as follow:

I refer to your request for information dated 12/06/14. The information we must provide to to you under the terms of Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is prescribed by the Act and the Consumer Credit Regulations 1983. Section 78 of the Act provides that where creditor receives a Section 78 request the creditor shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement and the statement of account.

I enclose a reconstituted copy of your credit agreement and a copy of terms of your credit card as varied in accordance with section 81 of the Act. However the interest rates fees and charges set out in the agreement may differ from those we have discussed with you due to current status of your account.

A statement of your account is below:
    [LIST] the current credit limit on your account is £3400
    [LIST] the current balance of your account is £2591.19
    [LIST] the next payment of ..will be due on 9/07/14

we know that your account is not in dispute because of any delay in providing your copy documents as Section 78(6) was repealed on the 31/05/2008. It is no longer an offence for creditor to fail to comply with s78(6) for more than one month.
    You refer to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, we do not accept that there is basis to assert that we have not fully complied with our obligations in this regard.
    I am fully satisfied that the sum outstanding by you remain legally due and payable.You should to continue to repay the outstanding balance owed on your account in accordance with the terms of your credit agreement. If you do not we may register a default against you with credit reference agencies, although we will formally notify you before doing so.

This completes our obligations under Section 78 of the Act.

They also included a few sheets of terms and conditions.There is my name and address on those terms and conditions but no date.
    Any advise is much appreciated as always.
    Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Reconstituted CCA from Brclaycard

Hello
    Any advice on this guys would be much appreciated. Does it look like they have complied?

Comment

So your account is still live and undefaulted?

It's a BarclayCard - when was it opened and was it opened online?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        So your account is still live and undefaulted?

It's a BarclayCard - when was it opened and was it opened online?
        Hello,
        yes it is still alive and not defaulted. I have applied online. I am on reduced payment plan with them. CRA file shows " late payment" . I was hoping to offer " full and final" hence CCA request. I am sure there was PPI on it as we'll. But I have to SAR them to find out.
        Thank you Amethyst for looking at it for me.

Comment

Re: Reconstituted CCA from Barclaycard

I have attached documents Barclaycard provided me with. Could anyone please have a look at them and see if they have complied. All advise much appreciated:tinysmile_grin_t: as always.
          Attached Files

Comment

There seems to be a Wookie in the photos

Comment

I think that's just a round-robin standard response to a CCA with the relevant docs attached. Sorry but I'm not familiar with online applications: does the paperwork look similar?

Can I ask what you're concerned with or are trying to achieve?

Comment

lol @ Wookie

When did you open the card account?

Do you have any of your statements for the account ? (should show if you are paying PPI on those)
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello,
                  account was opened in 2008. It does not look similar at all to on line application I have filled. I would like to make full and final offer hence cca. I have found an old statement from 2009 and there was definitely PPI on it which was cancelled around 2011 but I have never claimed it back.
                  Have they complied with those documents?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X