• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court defence help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court defence help needed

Hello ..

Help needed please to deal with this claim
    from CABOT FINANCIAL, represented by MORTIMER CLARKE,
    original creditor VANQUIS ( Credit Card).

I received County court claim form 01.07.14, and:
    1. Acknowledged the claim with Northampton County Court.
    2. Sent a CCA request to CABOT
    3. Sent a CPR request to MORTIMER

What do I do next fight this claim?
    I have an unresolved issue with original creditor (Vanquis).
    Have not made any payment on the account since 01.11.09
    Account defaulted 13/04/2010
    And more importantly, how do I get the case transferred from Northampton to my local County Court
    in Lancashire, so I can attend and sit before the Judge should it come to that?

Thanks in advance .. ..
    Tags: None

Re: County court defence help needed

you can't do much more until you see what they can send to you.

Limitation can't be a defence and the CCA request will only help stall the claim if the agreement started before April 2007, but you haven't provided the background.

Do yopu have all the documentation such as statements and default and assignment processes? If not you could send a SAR as well and hope that the claim delays long enough for that to arrive.

Comment

Will get a SAR off first think on Monday, is that going to Vanquis , or Cabot Financial.
      I had a dispute with Vanquis over a purchase on my account, and then subsequent charges applied.
      Vanquis did not do anything regarding my dispute, so I left the account unanswered,
      and sent a letter to various debt companies trying to collect this debt - that my account was in dispute.
      I have not heard anything for 2 years until the letter from Mortimer Clarke, and following court claim pack.

Thanks for your assistance Kafta.

Comment

SAR goes to the original creditor asap as only they will hold the main data.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X