• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance

Hi 4 days ago I ask my daughter to go online to find a cheaper car insurance for me. She found a company call SKIPPY.CO.UK She got a quote much much cheaper than my other provider. Its due to expire in the middle of August 214. She explained to them this. They told her that if she did not agree now, the quote may be dearer in August. They requested my bank details and said my insurance would start middle August. She accepted the quote. Looking at my bank statement, I see they took £71.35 from my account. I wasnt expecting this payment so soon and not working at the moment and would caurse hardship. I emailrd them several times to cancel the policy and get a quote in August. They have yet to respond. Today from my mobile, I rang them to say I wanted to cancel the agreement. I was put on hold for about 10 mins, then my credits of £10 was used. I was disconected. Sent to more emails today, but no response.

Now looking at my bank statement they took out £71.35 as fisrst payment. I was shocked at this as I thought they would take payments in Aug. I immediately emailed them several times, but no reply. So I requested them to cancel the quote and refund me fully. I got no reply at all. Today from my mobile I rang them up. I was then put on hold for about 10 mins. My credit ran out and this cost me £10.00 Ive sent another 2 emails about me being disconnected and cost me £10 credit. As yet still no reply. I really think this is disgrateful by them and hope you can give me some advice please Regards Ray Guy
    Tags: None

Re: Car Insurance

I've not heard of them, and if they are so difficult to speak to or get a response from I don't think I would want to be insured with them regardless of how cheap they are.

As you hadn't authorised them taking the money from your bank I would contact your bank and tell them the payment was taken without permission.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Ray,
      Try this link
      https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights
      I do believe that if you purchased something online then you have a certain time in which to cancel it.
      A 'Cooling Off Period.'
      Send the company an email and then print it out and copy it.
      Emails are date and time stamped.
      If you are paying in installments, then a credit agreement needs to be signed by you, and returned to the company.
      Any problems do what Amethyst advised,
      Good luck Ray
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

As Amethyst suggests get your money back quick!
        This is another outfit based (I think) in Gibralter, with a poor reputation.
        They should have told you how long the quote was available (often up to 30 days), not hassled you to sign up immediately.
        The fact they have taken your money so early, wasted your phone credit without any attempt to listen to to you says volumes about what sort of company they are.
        Instruct the bank to refund you as Go Skippy have taken a payment in advance of due date without authority,
        Confirm in writing (send "signed for") your emails cancelling the policy.
        You will doubtless get lots of threats from Go Skippy but they can be dealt with in due course.
        Go to a reputable firm for your motor insurance................. not necessarily the cheapest

Comment

Hi Ray,
          As a follow up I found this on the net...
          A quote on another consumer forum.

I purchased policy with goskippy last night and alarm bells rang when they were taking offline payments and also when I received an e-mail saying that they will take 48 hours to send an e-mail confirmation. I e-mailed them this morning asking for immediate cancellation of policy and they asked me to contact customer service. So I been touch with HSBC bank for my options of retrieving the funds and they explained to me the ways of doing this and they were really helpful. They also confirmed that Southern Rock Insurance company only processed the payment this morning. I got a call from Mr Rocco this morning and he confirmed that he will cancel the policy and reverse the payment as soon as I notify the cancellation department. I still haven't received anything other than an automated e-mail response saying they will take 48 hours to respond. I will be more cautions when I purchase something online next time and will go through this website for peoples reviews and experience.

So it looks like your Insurance company could very well be 'GOSKIPPY>CO>UK

Regards,
          John
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
            Hi Ray,
            Try this link
            I do believe that if you purchased something online then you have a certain time in which to cancel it.
            A 'Cooling Off Period.'
            If you are paying in installments, then a credit agreement needs to be signed by you, and returned to the company.
            Good luck Ray
            Good advice: 14 day cooling off period from time contract takes effect, and trader must refund all and any moneys taken

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...ance_sales.htm

Comment

Hi My Daughter may have completed the agreement, unaware that a deposit of £71.35. She didn't realise the would take a payment so soon. Can I stiil get the bank to revease payment back.
              Thanks for reply
              Ray
              Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
              Hi Ray,
              Try this link
              A 'Cooling Off Period.'
              Good luck Ray

Comment

Originally posted by ray_uk View Post
                Hi My Daughter may have completed the agreement, unaware that a deposit of £71.35. She didn't realise the would take a payment so soon. Can I stiil get the bank to revease payment back.
                Thanks for reply
                Ray
                Hi Ray,
                Email the company and tell them you want to cancel the credit agreement, within the time limits, as per consumer rights.
                If they fail to cancel it, then go to your bank with the emails sent, and ask the bank to refund you any money paid to goskippy.co.uk.
                But hurry Ray, before the time limit expires.
                Log every call or email you send.
                Good luck mate,
                Johnaw:

Comment

i have never heard of goskippy so been doing a search on Google and found this http://goskippy.com/documents/car/TOB_car.pdf

TERMS OF BUSINESS
                  About
                  GoSkippy Insurance
                  GoSkippy
                  Insurance is arranged and administered by
                  Eldon Insurance Services Ltd
                  who are authorised
                  and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference Number 477112)
                  . Registered in
                  England and Wales (
                  No. 6334001). Registered office: Lysander House, Catbrain Lane, Cribbs Causeway,
                  Bristol BS10 7TQ.

Complaints and compensation
                  We aim to provide you with a high level of customer service at all times but, if you are not satisfied,
                  please contact us:
                  in writing...
                  Write to
                  GoSkippy Quality Manager, Lysander House, Catbrain Lane, Cribbs
                  Causeway, Bristol BS10 7TQ
                  Don't let them grind you down

Comment

Nice work vanman......

Comment

If you want your money back, go to the bank first.

Look at the details supplied in post 9 and you will see the horrendous level of their fees. Then look at their cancellation terms.

IMO:
                      They will try and charge you for cancelling policy, for arranging policy and for arranging finance.
                      Of course you are not cancelling the policy because it has not yet incepted;, you are cancelling your order.
                      They will not see it that way.

They are not really insurers, as their profit base is fees, and probably calculated on a 25% cancellation rate.
                      Before taking out "cheap" insurance people really need to carry out an in depth investigation, not just the policy wording, but how the company works, how it is set up and to whom it is connected.

Comment

Sent to more emails today, but no response.

gclub ผ่านเว็บ

Comment

Originally posted by Bosliwanier View Post
                          Sent to more emails today, but no response.

gclub ผ่านเว็บ
                          Uh????
                          Welcome, but this thread is 3 years old.
                          Care to tell more?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X