• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Boots security guard poor behaviour @ 14 year old --- posted on behalf of new user

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots security guard poor behaviour @ 14 year old --- posted on behalf of new user

Hello,
    I would like to ask a question. Yesterday, I was very upset here in London, because my daughter went to Boots Store and suddenly the security guard accused her of shoplifting. They yelled at her and claimed that she had stolen some article from the store but she didn't. They opened yelled at her, oppened her bag, disrespected her, intimidated, accused and offended her a lot. She is only 14 years old and she is very sad sad about what happened. Is it legal here in UK? Thank you very much
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Boots security guard poor behaviour @ 14 year old --- posted on behalf of new u

Totally unacceptable behaviour by Boots security. Did anyone get the knuckle-dragger's SIA licence number? Private security (including retail security) have no power whatsoever to open or search through someone's bags, clothing or belongings. I would certainly report this to the Metropolitan Police and the Security Industry Authority.

Do you know if the goon snatched the bag away from your daughter?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Re: Boots security guard poor behaviour @ 14 year old --- posted on behalf of new u

Might amount to assault. Was she detained, or otherwise taken to a side room, or even asked her age? at 14 she would need an appropriate adult to be present.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Might amount to assault. Was she detained, or otherwise taken to a side room, or even asked her age? at 14 she would need an appropriate adult to be present.
        If the goon used any form of physical force to take the bag away from Ame's daughter in order to search it, that is Battery. However, without a full account of what happened, it is difficult to give the best advice possible. Notwithstanding, the security goon could be looking at loss of his licence, loss of employment, etc., whilst Boots could be looking at damage to their corporate reputation which is, basically, their own fault for failing to adequately and properly control their employees and contractors.

Comment

Sorry Bluebottle, it wasn't my daughter ( else I may have annihilated Boots by now ) I was posting on behalf of a user who emailed me. I am waiting for her to get back to me with more info.

Thank you though xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry, Ame. From your initial post, I thought it was your daughter who had an encounter with Boots security. I have no doubt that if it had been your daughter, they would be publishing the security goon's obituary notice by now. :grin:

Comment

Are there any more details of what the goon did, as in detained, back room, police etc?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X