• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Preparation for mediation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparation for mediation

I have previously received help via a previous post but the title is no longer appropriate so thought it best to start a new post. I am the claimant in a fast track money claim for breach of contract which has moved on to the mediation stage. I am confident I will win if the case gets to court in which case I assume I would get interest plus court fees from the defendant. We are due to enter into mediation soon ( I have declined two without prejudice offers). I would like to start the mediation process by saying I want the original debt plus the interest and costs incurred (all of which are on the claim form ) but also storage costs for goods I am holding for the defendant. I am willing to negotiate down but want to start with the maximum sum. Am I bound in any way to only asking for the original debt. You may think this is a dumb question but this process is new to me. Can I also ask for a full written apology as well? Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Preparation for mediation

edwardparker
    This site does not allow free advertising of any product without the express permission of the site owners.
    Your link may very well be removed.
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Harassed63 View Post
      I have previously received help via a previous post but the title is no longer appropriate so thought it best to start a new post. I am the claimant in a fast track money claim for breach of contract which has moved on to the mediation stage. I am confident I will win if the case gets to court in which case I assume I would get interest plus court fees from the defendant. We are due to enter into mediation soon ( I have declined two without prejudice offers). I would like to start the mediation process by saying I want the original debt plus the interest and costs incurred (all of which are on the claim form ) but also storage costs for goods I am holding for the defendant. I am willing to negotiate down but want to start with the maximum sum. Am I bound in any way to only asking for the original debt. You may think this is a dumb question but this process is new to me. Can I also ask for a full written apology as well? Thanks.
      You say you want storage costs and a written apology as well.
      Have you notified the third party that you will be charging for storage?
      If not, would he be liable for them?
      As for the written apology, I don't think he has too.
      I think that what you can ask for, is what you are claiming to have lost.
      If this does include interest, which may very well be capped by legislation, and your costs.
      Then that is what you should ask for.
      Storage costs I believe, would be down to negotiations.
      Unless it goes to court where a judge would decide the issue.
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Have you advised the mediator of your want's and have they prepared a 'memorandum of understanding'

Also be warned mediation can be very expensive

Comment

Hi - it's some time since my last post, just to say the company sett;ed of court prior to mediation. Invoices settled in full plus interest plus court costs. many thanks for all your help. I felt as if I was David up against Goliath!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X