• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stayed claim now being lifted 3 years later - Summary Judgement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stayed claim now being lifted 3 years later - Summary Judgement?

Apologies for not having updated this thread recently. Due to family problems and my daughters hospital appointment managed to get an adjournment on this hearing so new hearing in just over 2 weeks now. I have spoken to the DCA and they are supposed to be coming up with a settlement figure! I don't think this will be anywhere near realistic but who knows! In the meantime I will post up the details as best I can tomorrow and see where we can go from there. I will try and do a link to the previous thread at the same time!! Many thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi, well done for getting the adjournment - hope all is okay xx

If you have problems with uploading documents on here just email them to me admin@legalbeagles.info, we need to know exactly what the position is on the case, and get a WS in to defend your position against this summary judgment application.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi again. I have been struggling to upload documents so will email to admin as suggested. No news from them reference a settlement figure yet so have sent an email to chase this up! Thank you for all advice given.

Comment

Got them thank you xxx Will sort them out for you.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Great. Hope you can make sense of it all. I have reams of paperwork but was trying to send the most relevant parts!! I had read the court papers about the new hearing and got it into my head was 11th August when in fact it is 1st August!! Oops!!

Comment

Oh bugger, we best get a Witness Statement in asap then. I'll get the docs up a bit later on.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Oh bugger indeed. Yes my fault entirely!! Any other information you need at this stage or anything else I need to be doing? I do have their witness statement if you want it but it is 5 pages long!!

Comment

~Yes please. Sorry. But I think we'll need it.

I just catching up on news stories and having a bath and will have a good read through everything once it's quiet and kids are in bed xxx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay no problem. Will sort it!! Thank you.

Comment

Docs attached
                      Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi again. I managed to speak to the head of the litigation department this afternoon as had not heard back regarding possible settlement figure. Was a reasonable exchange to be fair!! Certainly more productive than previous dealings!!! The upshot being they are willing to offer a reduced settlement for full payment, not really an option unless major discount!! They will offer a repayment plan over 84 months but under a Tomlin Order. This means claim is stayed if I stick to the agreement presuming we can come to one of course!! Is this worth considering? Their figures come out at circa £270pcm over 84 months on £22k + balance!! Ouch!! Can I realistically get much of a discount on this figure, bearing in mind original debt £14k + all last few years interest added now? Not sure what to do now? I want to avoid the CCJ if possible as just got my credit rating sorted to a degree!! It would appear a Tomlin Order does not show on your credit file? If I go to court and lose of course I will get the Summary Judgement against me!! Can the judge vary the amount of summary judgement? For example if he thinks they are entitled to £15k can he amend to that figure and issue summary judgement accordingly? Just trying to work out damage limitation here!! Being in with a chance of getting out of a sub prime mortgage now my situation has improved I don't want to mess up at the final hurdle!! Any advice much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Sorry forgot one question! As has been mentioned the judge may not be happy about claim being stayed 3+ years!! Realistically what is the likelihood of him refusing to lift the stay in the first place? Thank you.

Comment

Where is the original agreement copy?

Personally I am pretty sure a large whack of that interest should go. It is their fault it was stayed at the stage it was because they had no paperwork, so why should you have to pay another 3 years of interest because of their delay.

If you wanted to negotiate I think that should be the first thing to be knocked off. Take it back down to at least the original claim sum.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

PPI 1174 front loaded march 2002 - potentially £3k refund if you can evidence it was missold. VERY ROUGH GUESTIMATE
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Tomlin Order keeps the claim on stay and prevent you getting a CCJ added to your credit file.

If you default on the Tomlin Order they can just be given judgment and start enforcement.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X