• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help! received Court Claim from DrydensFairfax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help! received Court Claim from DrydensFairfax

Weekend, suns out, kinds on school hols, bit frantic, sorry xxxx Have made a couple edits, only minor xx Needs checking and dates adding but Cel has added in the bit about the new last minute damn reconstructed agreement Can you check the bits about the Default notice are correct (and the rest) and amend dates etc.

Originally posted by Celestine View Post

1. I, XXX am the Defendant in this action and make the following statement as my defence to the claim made by Sygma Banque Sa Inc France trading in UK as Sygma Bank Uk.

2. Except where otherwise mentioned in this defence, I neither admit nor deny any allegation made in the Claimants' particulars of claim and put the Claimant to strict proof thereof.

3. It is admitted that that the Defendant has in the past entered into agreements with Sygma Bank Uk. The defendant believes this claim relates to a 'Adams' Store Card once held with Sygma Bank Uk.

4. On the xxxxxxxxxxxx the Defendant made a written request for inspection of the agreement and other documents as disclosed in the Claimants statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14. Documents mentioned in the Claimants pleadings are Assignment Notice, Default Notice, Credit Agreement & Terms. [EXHIBIT A] is a copy of the CPR 31.14 request letter sent on xxxxxxxxx

5. The Applicant accepts that a debt once existed, however the enforceability of the regulated agreement underpinning the debt is disputed. There are numerous breaches of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which require proper investigation. Details of the aforesaid breaches are set out herein.

6. In addition to the Defendants request under CPR 31.14, on the 30th June 2014 a request has been made to Sygma Bank Uk pursuant to section 78(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 in order to obtain a true copy of the agreement which the claimant was demanding payment under and to obtain further information about the terms of the contract. [EXHIBIT B] is a copy of the s.78 request letter sent on xxxxxxx

7. On xxxxxxxxx the Claimant supplied an illegible and incomplete document in response. The Defendant has therefore not yet been able to examine the terms and conditions that were in force at the time that the agreement was executed. The copy document that has been disclosed is illegible and is therefore in breach of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557) and the Defendant is unable to assess the agreement and original terms to form her defence as to unlawful charges and interest applied to the account. [EXHIBIT C] is a copy of the illegible document supplied to the Defendant on xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

8. The Defendant also contends that the document supplied to her in response to the formal requests under s.78 Consumer Credit Act is incomplete and does not contain any the terms applicable at the inception of the account.

9. The Claimant has also not provided a statement of account in response to the Defendants’ statutory request; which further prevents the Defendant from assessing any charges or interest that may have been applied.

10. Accordingly the Claimant has failed to comply with s78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

11. On xxxxxxxxx the Defendant wrote to the Claimant to highlight the breaches of s.78 CCA and to request clearer documents. In response, on xxxxxxxx, the Claimant supplied a wholly unrelated copy of a blank credit agreement; which pre-dates the Defendants actual contract by 2 years. The Defendants current name and address has been manually added to this blank document, an action that the Defendant finds extremely concerning. The Claimant has not offered any explanation as to the relevance of this document and the Defendant further asserts that the Claimant is in breach of s.78 CCA 1974. [EXHIBIT D] is a copy of the supplementary document supplied by the Claimant on xxxxxxxxxx

12. The Claimant is put to strict proof that a compliant default notice was served in relation to the alleged agreement pursuant to CCA s.87 & 88(1) thus giving a right to demand immediate repayment of the sums claimed. The Defendant has not received any Default Notice from the Original Creditor or the Claimant. Accordingly the Defendant will say that s87(1) Consumer Credit Act has not been complied with and the respondent is not entitled to terminate the agreement or accelerate the earlier repayment of the debt. The Defendant will rely upon the High Court case of Harrison v Link in support of the proposition that a Default notice is a statutory precondition of enforcement (see para 75 of HHJ Chambers QC ruling). The Defendant will also say that no notice of sums in arrears have been served on the Defendant contrary to s86(c) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and accordingly such a breach renders the agreement unenforceable while the breach continues. The Claimant is also subject to a statutory bar on charging interest while in breach of the aforesaid provision.

13. For the avoidance of doubt the Defendant requires the Claimant to plead effectively and disclose the legible documents upon which the Claim is based. In the event the Claimant fails to re-plead, then the Defendant reserves the right to apply for whatever orders it deems fit including an order striking the Claim out.

14.Accordingly, the Defendant avers that

a) The Claimant has not complied with s78 and s.87 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore cannot enforce the agreement.

b) Therefore, the Claimants Claim should be dismissed.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much guys, it means world to me.
      I had to take my son to A&E yesterday he fell of the bike. Long hours spent in waiting room hence my lack of response yesterday.
      I sm submiting my defence online, and I am tiny bit confused with exhibits you mentioned in defence?
      Also if date of issuing claim is 25th July is it today or tomorrow my submition date?
      Last question how do I move to Vip area?

Thank you thank you so much

Comment

Owch I hope your son is ok? Nothing better than a long wait in A&E on a sweltering day......:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

OK, Exhibits:

In your defence, 4 EXHIBITS are listed. These are, your CPR31.14 letter, your CCA request, the first copy agreement and the weird blank form.

You need to make good quality PDF scans of each document. NOT photographs.

Then at the end of the Defence, for each document, you need to make a cover sheet which should be headed like this:

In the XXXX County Court CLAIM NO: XXXXXXX

SYGMA XXX LTD Claimant

-V-

MONICA 32 Defendant

EXHIBIT A

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Do this for each of the 4 documents marking each sheet Exhibit A, B, C, D as appropriate.

Then you can scan the whole document as a PDF and submit it to MCOL. Should be about 10 pages long in total, maybe more because you should do double line spacing on a defence to make it nice and clear for the Court. Have you got the CBBC Defendants email address?

To become VIP, click here and follow the instructions xx
        http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/payments.php
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you Celestine,
          My son is fine few bruises and swollen ankle no fractures tough thanks God.
          I have to scan it up on scanner dont I to make a a good copy.
          Defence is sent to Claimant solicitors after by Court?

Kind regards
          Monica32

Comment

You will need a scanner to do this properly and the ability to merge the PDFs into one long document.

As for whether you have to serve on opposition, it depends on wording of the Order. If it just says 'file defence' you file it at court and the court will then serve it on opposition, but if it says 'file and serve defence' then you should directly serve it on the opposition also by email or fax.

glad to hear your son is ok xx
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi,

Just finished submitting my defence. It just said 'file defence' which I did.
              Thank you so much guys for all help I have received. I could not have done it without your knowledge.
              I will keep you updated.

Kind regards
              Monica32

Comment

Originally posted by monica32 View Post
                Hi,

Just finished submitting my defence. It just said 'file defence' which I did.
                Thank you so much guys for all help I have received. I could not have done it without your knowledge.
                I will keep you updated.

Kind regards
                Monica32
                :drum:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X