• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

registered birth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• registered birth

Hi I register my son's birth and I didn't declare I was married can I change it ? I left the man I married on my wedding nite and hadn't seen him in 2 years because he was cheating. We meet again 11 months ago and I feel pregnant. I didn't no our marrage was registered until my mum informed me . I never changed my name or any of my details as I hadn't realised I was legally married. Is there any way I can change my son's birth certificate.
    Last edited by amanda147; 29th June 2014, 10:13:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: registered birth

Correct a birth registration

Show all parts of this guide
    1. 1. What corrections can be made
    2. 2. Who can apply

1. 3. How to apply
    2. 4. How long applications take

1. What corrections can be made

You can apply for a birth registration correction when the information is wrong, eg a mistake was made when recording a parent’s occupation.
    You can’t apply for a correction to show new information if circumstances change after you’ve registered your child’s birth, eg you change your name after getting married again.
    However, you can apply to re-register the birth if the natural parents get married at a later date.
    Who to apply to

You can either apply for a correction to:
    • the register office where your child’s birth was registered - for minor mistakes in a parent’s occupation, birthplace or address
    • the General Register Office (GRO) - for mistakes involving things like names

If you’re unsure who to apply to, contact the relevant register office or the GRO.
    GRO
    corrections.re-reg@gro.gsi.gov.uk
    Telephone: 0300 123 1837
    Textphone: 18001 0300 123 1837
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
    Saturday, 9am to 4pm
    Find out about call charges
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Order a copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate

You’ll need to register on the General Register Office (GRO) website to order a copy of a birth, adoption, death, marriage or civil partnership certificate in England and Wales. Certificates cost £9.25. You can use this service to help you research your family tree.

What you need to know
      Start now on the General Register Office website
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It can be changed but you need to go to registrar office.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X