• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

General Recoveries Limited – In Administration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Recoveries Limited – In Administration

http://www.harrisons.uk.com/news/gen...administration

By way of background there are approximately 1300 historic and existing clients that have been or are still currently subject to Debt Management Plans (DMPs) or Debt Reduction Plans (DRPs) with the Company. (It should be noted however that some of those clients will have originally been clients of Marketing and Lead Generation Limited that traded under the style One Debt Solutions, prior to the transfer of that business to the Company in August 2013).
    If you are a client of the Company and it was holding money on your behalf in respect of an ongoing Debt Management Plan and/or Debt Reduction Plan you should send details of your name, address, e-mail and telephone number and the sum concerned to the following e-mail address and read the frequently asked questions (‘FAQ’) below: -
    Seems to have been mainly a CMC, but had obviously some historic DMP/DRP clients as well.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2145776

Appointment of Administrators

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)
    Leeds District Registry No 638 of 2014

GENERAL RECOVERIES LIMITED

(Company Number 06734438 ) Registered office: 102 Sunlight House, Quay Street, Manchester, M3 3JZ
    Principal trading address: Pioneer House, Birmingham Street, Halesowen, B63 3HN
    Nature of Business: Debt Management Plans

Date of Appointment: 10 June 2014
    Paul Boyle (IP Number 008897 ) and David Clements (IP Number 008765 ), Joint Administrators, 102 Sunlight House, Quay Street, Manchester, M3 3JZ . Telephone number 0161 876 4567

Alternative contact name and telephone number: Tom Bowes Tel: 0161 876 4567

And web archive of the previous company websites.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130909.../services.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20140516...olution.co.uk/
    Last edited by Nibbler; 27th June 2014, 21:34:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: General Recoveries Limited – In Administration

I am one of those DMP clients! Not sure what's going to happen next but I know I won't get any of my money back, I've paid over £3000 to them over the past 3 years and only a small amount (if anything) was paid to my creditors. They were very good a lying, passing the buck, not returning calls and giving mis-leading information about "unenforceable" debts. I, along with the other 1299 clients have been conned and I'm so angry with myself for letting it happen.
    I have received some correspondence from Harrison's but it looks like it's going to be a lengthy process, can anyone out there advise me as to what I do next? Do I sit tight and wait for the threatening letters and phone calls to start from those creditors or do I contact them myself. Advice and support most welcome.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hubbabubla View Post
      I am one of those DMP clients! Not sure what's going to happen next but I know I won't get any of my money back, I've paid over £3000 to them over the past 3 years and only a small amount (if anything) was paid to my creditors. They were very good a lying, passing the buck, not returning calls and giving mis-leading information about "unenforceable" debts. I, along with the other 1299 clients have been conned and I'm so angry with myself for letting it happen.
      I have received some correspondence from Harrison's but it looks like it's going to be a lengthy process, can anyone out there advise me as to what I do next? Do I sit tight and wait for the threatening letters and phone calls to start from those creditors or do I contact them myself. Advice and support most welcome.....
      As a first step I would contact someone like Stepchange, they have experience of these companies going under and you can set up your dmp with them, they may contact creditors too, if not its best to be proactive and make contact than wait for dca's to start hassling you.

Once you have done that it might be worth sending your own requests for statements of accounts and cca's ... have you got a list of all your creditors that you had with this firm?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've spoken today to the company that have bought the client book from the Administrators (or however it works). They have told me that I have two creditors ( I thought I had four) but couldn't tell me how much the balances are unless I complete an authority to act form. I'm reluctant to do this as you can imagine its a case of "once bitten....etc" but I'm worrying now that some of the debts have been sold on without my knowledge and I'll be getting letters and calls from random companies demanding money. surely if it's information about me I should be able to request it without signing up to anything (they want £35 pm to help me sort this out)
        GR Had informed me that my biggest debt of £8k was "unenforceable" this related to a HSBC loan dating back 10 years ago. I know that this means absolutely nothing and that it's still hanging about somewhere waiting to pounce!. I've also sign up to Experian to see if that's could shed any light on my current situation, that left me more perplexed as my score is excellent and is only showing one creditor that I've ever defaulted on.....????? The rest of the info on there is current stuff like my mortgage and current bank account and next directory etc. I'll give Stepchange a call to see if the can help.:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

If you only have a couple of creditors you may well be best off dealing with this yourself, with help here

Experian is a good idea, though look up Noddle as that's free and updates monthly.

Definately send a CCA request to HSBC (or the creditor if you know who it is currently with)
          How long ago did you sign up with GR ? and how did they come to the conclusion the debt was unenforceable? They'd have had to write to HSBC under the consumer credit act asking for a copy of your agreement....presumably they actually did that.
          Also how much have you been paying them each month, and where has that money been going?
          One company just going under was collecting the monies in and saving it up for people to make full and final settlements, charging 17.5% of the settlement if they got one, but really just skanking the money to their own pockets. Not saying that's what has happened here.

Do you know what company has bought the client book? (£35 a month sounds familiar)

Do you know what the other debt is?

If not, you can send a subject access request to the company to get your information, there's no need to sign a form of authority or have them act for you, that £35 a month could be going to pay the debts, or even better staying in your pocket. You might even just be able to tell this new lot to close your file and send you all your documentation.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Also, tmw we should probably make a new thread separate from this general announcement thread.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

The director of General Recoveries has been quite busy...

DEBT ADVICE NETWORK (WALES) LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 06/06/2011 - 09/2013 BUY NOW
              SUSTAINABILITY (UK) LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 21/07/2011 - 03/2013 BUY NOW
              FINANCIAL CLAIMS AND RECOVERIES LIMITED Active - Newly Incorporated Director 05/06/2013 - - BUY NOW
              TRAVELTRUTH LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 30/06/2000 - 05/2007 BUY NOW
              MANAGEMENT TEAM SERVICES LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 29/03/2000 - 02/2006 BUY NOW
              BOBBIN EXPRESS EUROPE LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 15/05/2003 - 10/2004 BUY NOW
              FINANCE RECLAIM LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 01/07/2008 01/12/2008 02/2013 BUY NOW
              FINANCE REDRESS LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 21/07/2008 29/10/2008 11/2011 BUY NOW
              OBJECTIVE FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS LIMITED Financial Statements not filed / too old Director 13/10/2008 29/11/2010 - BUY NOW
              MONEY SOLUTIONS MANAGEMENT LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 14/07/2009 - 10/2011 BUY NOW
              TRAVELLING TRUTH.COM LIMITED Company is dissolved Company Secretary 05/06/2000 - 10/2004 BUY NOW
              CRYSTAL DEBT SOLUTIONS LIMITED Active - Newly Incorporated Director 05/11/2013 - - BUY NOW
              POSITIVE STEPS LIMITED Active - Newly Incorporated Director 07/01/2014 - - BUY NOW
              ENTERPRISE HOUSE (NW) LTD Non trading Director 08/05/2012 - - BUY NOW
              CLS (CLAIM AND LEGAL SERVICES) LTD Active - Accounts Filed Director 28/02/2014 - - BUY NOW
              GENERAL RECOVERIES LIMITED In Administration Director 27/10/2008 - - BUY NOW
              EQUITY IN FINANCE LIMITED Active - Accounts Filed Director 19/12/2006 31/07/2008 - BUY NOW
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

This may be of interest too http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ce-Reclaim-Ltd
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay, they have sold the client book to Angle Advances. I have posted a thread about these in the last couple days as they have also bought the client book of another firm with links to Carl Wright. I'll find a link.

Client Update 23 June 2014 We refer to our updates of 11 and 19 June regarding General Recoveries Limited (‘the Company’), which have previously been published on the Harrisons Business Recovery and Insolvency Limited website. These updates advised of our appointment and the sale of the client book to Angel Advance Limited, (‘Angel’).
                  For clarification, we would reiterate that clients may have known the Company as Marketing and Lead Generation Limited trading as One Debt Solutions, (‘One Debt’) and we have explained our present understanding as to the background and circumstances regarding the change of name below.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

HERE http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...dvance-Limited
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'll tell you my story......hope you are sitting comfortably......
                      GR took over from another company One Debt Solution in August 2013. I originally signed up with ODS in 2011. I had been paying a company called Churchwood Financial since around 2006. It was in 2004 that I started getting in to a mess. In total I had debts of around 12k, loans from HSBC, Egg Credit card, and a couple of store cards. I was sort of ok paying Churchwood financial but out of the blue in 2011 whilst I was on maternity leave I received a call from ODS claiming to "write off" a large part of my debt. Sleep deprived, gulable and not with a very level head (hindsight is a wonderful thing) I agreed for them to pursue the case. I got a few calls and letters from my creditors ( none from the original creditors I'd taken loans out with may I add, Robinson Way, Moorcroft, Marlin to name but a few) over a period of a couple of months but things settled down. I was paying them £100 per month. They used to send "updates" every now and again telling me that some creditors didnt have the original credit agreements so things were looking good. I suppose I took my eye off the ball and put it to the back of my mind. I used to have contact with "dean" who informed me in march this year that my plan would be over by September...hooray I thought, the end is in sight. Then last week I came home to a letter from Harrison's explaining what had happened and it suddenly dawned on me that I've been duped!
                      It says on Harrison's website that clients monies was sat in one big pot, very rarely reconciled, therefore I'm assuming it's all gone and only token payments were ever given to creditors (my amounts on statements were different every time) and yes like you say just waiting to make an offer on full and final settlement (yeah right!). The company assigned by the administrator is Angel advance (or advance angels...it's late and I'm tired!).
                      Yes I think I'll be sorting this out myself, I'm older and wiser! I want to give my 24 year old self a slap as at 35 I'm still paying for her actions!
                      a dedicated thread would be good, considering they had 1300 clients out there no one seems to be talking about it!
                      thanks

Comment

Yes I think I'll be sorting this out myself, I'm older and wiser! I want to give my 24 year old self a slap as at 35 I'm still paying for her actions!
                        a dedicated thread would be good, considering they had 1300 clients out there no one seems to be talking about it!
                        thanks
                        We have all been there and suffered the consequences, but I can assure you many of us are in a better position due in no small part to the help and advice of this and other forums helping us to help ourselves
                        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Okay, they have sold the client book to Angle Advances. I have posted a thread about these in the last couple days as they have also bought the client book of another firm with links to Carl Wright. I'll find a link.
                          Really? Was too tired to dig much last night. :o

Wonder how that occurred, and if the FCA had a role in suggesting them?

Comment

They used to send "updates" every now and again telling me that some creditors didnt have the original credit agreements so things were looking good
                            It is possible that lack of or problems with agreements can be used as leverage to write debts off or get reduced settlements, but it is usually not as simple as these companies liked to pretend to clients. And there is always the danger that it will end up in court.

As said, it's worth marking agreement requests off your own back for accounts where it could be useful. There are people here who probably have more experience at looking at issues with them than this company and it's predessors ever had.

If former creditors start to push and there are issues, it could given you extra tools to negotiate a low write off or similar.

Important thing is you never need to pay to do this.

Comment

Similar song to other companies that have gone this way.

Shortfall in Client Monies

It is apparent from information we have been provided with to date, that neither the Company nor One Debt operated individual accounts on behalf of its clients. Client monies were held in a pooled general client bank account and whilst this in itself is not unusual, we would have expected that this account would have been regularly reconciled to the individual client statements to ensure that sufficient funds were held equivalent to the total sums due to all clients.

From our discussions with various parties and early investigations into the affairs relating to client monies, taking in to consideration the amount held in the Company’s general client bank account at the date of our appointment and the level of client funds there ought to be purely in relation to monies received and paid out since the original assignment took place last August, it seems that there will be a significant shortfall in client monies. For the avoidance of doubt this shortfall does not include any liability to clients that may have already been in existence prior to the transfer of the client book on 22nd August 2013.

Immediately upon our appointment, we advised the Company’s bank to freeze all accounts and also not to accept further monies from clients either by way of direct debit or standing order. We have received confirmation of this in writing. We have also requested that all funds held in the Company’s accounts be transferred to accounts held by us, which we expect to receive shortly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X