• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old NRAM Unsecured Loan sold to Marlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old NRAM Unsecured Loan sold to Marlin

Hello All,

I took out an unsecured loan with NRAM in July 2006 but fell into arrears in 2008 due to relationship breakdown. The term of the loan was for 48 months.

I have been receiving help via a debt management plan from Step Change since 2008 and NRAM was one of the debts I was receiving help with.

On October 28th 2013 NRAM sold my debt to Marlin Capital Europe. I understand that NRAM sold a lot of unsecured loans to Marlin at this time.

My problem is this:

Marlin are reporting my debt as 6 months or more in arrears on my credit reference file which is seriously damaging my credit rating. I have never missed a single payment to Marlin under the arrangement we have in place.
    The original term of the loan agreement has expired. NRAM also did this before transferring the debt. The debt has never been defaulted (so Marlin tell me).

A very obnoxious man from Marlin tells me that because the original loan is over 6 months in arrears then they can report it as such.
    1. Are Marlin right to report my debt to them (the entry in my credit file says Marlin Financial) as 6 months or more in arrears as I have never signed any agreement with Marlin?
    2. Would NRAM have to have ended the agreement before selling it to Marlin?

I am trying to get a cheaper mortgage deal and this entry on my credit file is seriously hindering that.

Any help would be gratefully received.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X