• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard/Lowell/BPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard/Lowell/BPO

I have had a debt with barclaycard for a few years now which I have been paying back monthly on time every month. Initially they passed the debt on to Lowell and I still had no problems (apart from receiving a new wave of demanding letters threatening court action, before they realised I wouldn't bite)
    Now all of a sudden I receive a letter from barclaycard stating that my last payment has not been received? Upon phoning them they tell me that the debt has been passed to Lowell (something I already knew) and that I would have to contact them direct, I phoned Lowell and now a new twist, they have apparently passed the debt on to BPO? And I would have to contact them direct. So now I phone BPO to be told that they would be requiring payment in full, they are going to send collectors, see you in court yada yada yada, now I manage to hold my tongue and get to the inevitable conclusion of reinstating my payment plan and I come to wonder, is this tactic of constantly passing around debts to different subdivisions of the same company and constantly sending out the same demanding letters under different letter heading normal let alone legal? Anyone else had a similar problem?

Re: Barclaycard/Lowell/BPO

If you want to play hard ball send a CCA request without this they can't enforce it so you might get away with the debt, Lowell are a royal pain in the **** but if you keep things in writing they don't like it!
    The brain is the only thing on earth to have named its self

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X