• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

disaplinary meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disaplinary meeting

My son is in the process of being in a disciplinary procedure for gross misconduct which he denies, and at the meeting he took his uncle ,who is well informed on these procedures, to sit with him which was not a problem to his employers in written correspondence, but when he got to the meeting they turned him away siting meeting rules. they said that he needed to be a trade union rep, which he was till he retired, to which his uncle asked them to waiver this as my son had no confidence in fellow workmates who had been selected by management ,and that the chair person was braking the rules as he was the person investigating the claim. to which the chair person asked to be excused so he could seek advice on this. when he came back he admitted to this oversight, and cancelled the meeting till a later date. my son was given a hand delivered letter the next day stating a new date for the disciplinary meeting with him taking notes and another person chairing the meeting 5 days later, but the new chair person (his Mother) has a statement against my son in the claim, this t me stinks of Constructive Dismissal to me, could he have a claim for this or something else.

The reason for the claim in the first stems from a claim of bullying an apprentice who works for him, and supposedly cross misconduct proven by photos of marks supposedly done by my son to the apprentices back, which if they looked at the photos properly, are actually of a RIGHT ARM and not a back as they stated. My son has worked for this company in a senior roll for 10 year and has never had any problems, but now they are having money problems, and as e is on a good wage, this is why I think this is been done as other workers for the Company said it is a load of bull, as my son is not that kind of person, but they where not interviewed, can you advise please.?
    Tags: None

Re: disaplinary meeting

I'm afraid neither I nor (probably) anyone else on here can advise you regarding the ins and outs of the actual case, because we don't know the whole story. However I'm afraid the company was correct in refusing permission for your son's uncle to attend his disciplinary meeting. A person may be accompanied either by his own trade union representative or a colleague. Nobody else can accompany them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X