• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

suspended without pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspended without pay

Hi there.
    im an 24 year old mother of two i.'ve received a notice of hearing just before my shift ended.
    ive been brought before the hearing where they had suspended me without pay due to shortages claims of negligence.

The hearing was proposed due to the others cashiers who came before the hearing aswell. Ive been waiting for 2weeks now where there hearings was today but they were not suspended.

They told me today I had to wait another week reasons for investigation .

Im tired of waiting alk the others got there outcome why should I wait so long.
    Can I resign while hearing is still ongoing.
    need advice asap
    Tags: None

Re: suspended without pay

Do you have any reason to think that you couldn't resign?
    Nothing I say should be taken as qualified expert advice. I am not an expert in anything.

If you decide to act on anything I have posted you agree not to hold me liable in any way.

If you are unsure then you need to take proper advice from someone who is an expert.

Comment

I'm guessing you rant part of a union.

Have you got a contract? If so what does it say about suspension? If it doesn't and you are contracted for x number of hours a week, if you feel you have done nothing wrong you could sue them for breach of contract.

You can resign anytime you want. No one can stop you resigning in all civilian jobs you can do. Just walk out one day and say I quit. Getting a reference would be a different matter.

Do you work for a large company? Don't name them if you don't feel comfortable, but I'd be shocked if a large retailer suspends without pay. Usually you get a nice bit of paid gardening leave when they are lining you up to be fired.

Comment

Been at the company for almost 2years never signed any contract with them.
        I work for a large petrol station.

But what was unfair was I was the only one to be suspended whole thr other 5 worked on until date of hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by mJ26 View Post
          Been at the company for almost 2years never signed any contract with them.
          I work for a large petrol station.

But what was unfair was I was the only one to be suspended whole thr other 5 worked on until date of hearing.
          Right do you know if it's a franchise? Basically what I'm getting at is who actually employs you. Big companies for the most part pretend to play by the rules so you can use this to your advantage. Smaller companies don't.

It doesn't matter if you have signed a contract. Have you been given any terms and conditions in writing? They have to do this within 2 months of you starting... If whey have not ring up your manager/hr and ask to raise a grievance. Even better send a letter to that person recorded delivery doing this.

However ask yourself this, have you done anything wrong? You can frustrate the system but if they want you out they will find a reason. My main bit of advice is to look for another job. Even if they will have you back do you really want to work for a company like this?

Comment

5. Suspension from work

When a disciplinary issue is being looked into you might be suspended from work. This doesn’t happen very often. If it does it should normally be with pay and you should be told why you’re being suspended.
            Employment contracts

You can be suspended without pay if your employment contract says your employer can do this, but they must be acting reasonably.
            If your employment contract doesn’t say your employer can do this, your employer may still be able to suspend you, but with pay. To show that it’s not a punishment the suspension will normally be on full pay.
            Employment rights when suspended

You keep your employment rights while suspended. If you don’t get the right pay you may be able to make a claim to an employment tribunal for ‘unlawful deduction from wages’.

from here

GOV.UK
            Don't let them grind you down

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X