• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

notification of transfer of account to new agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notification of transfer of account to new agency

I recently received a letter from Clarity Credit Management saying they had had an account transferred to them in relation to an outstanding debt with Shop Direct (Carval) Mail Order. They are requesting payment of an outstanding amount of £715.00 from an account opened in June 1999. They are saying the account was originally with Arrow Global who took over the account in May 2011.

I have never had any correspondence about this debt until this letter arrived dated 6 May 2014. I have replied with a 'prove it letter which included the FSA paragraphs' but am not sure if I have done the right thing. I have had debts which I cleared and cant think why I would have missed this one on the couple of occasions I sorted out my
    credit history. Plus the debt is god knows how old without any contact until this letter. Do I have the right to just tell them to just get lost because of the time involved as I thought any debts over 6 years old without contact can be disregarded.

This does not appear on my credit history but I am concerned they may take me to court and don't want that as it would affect my job.

thanks for any help in this matter

Trisha
    Tags: None

Re: notification of transfer of account to new agency

Regards it being statute barred, see the info in this link: https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/...s/Default.aspx

Since you've sent a letter asking them to provide information, I think you may as well wait and see what reply is forthcoming from that before you take any more steps.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X