• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LouLou v Lowell ( Capital One)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LouLou v Lowell ( Capital One)

I'm in exactly the same situation. I've received paperwork through BW legal for a CCJ today, which relates to a debt from 2004 ( or at least I think it's that) through Lowell finance. I've never heard of BW legal and have no correspondence from them to even discuss the nature of the debt. I've noticed on your forum that Lowell through BW seem to suddenly be going for people and pursuing them with legal cases. What should I do and also as I've never heard from BW legal about this prior to this CCJ paperwork, have they followed the correct procedures according to the FCA rules that came into force in April. It's a Capital one credit card debt and it's been suggested by a friend that I should even consider establishing if I paid PPI due to the misselling. I'm disabled and in receipt of benefits and obviously this is stress I really could do without as IF it's the debt I think, it's my ex-partners credit card and was from a time when I was hospitalised frequently. Thanks in advance for anyone's assistance! Louise.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Finance

Originally posted by Loulouuk1 View Post
    I'm in exactly the same situation. I've received paperwork through BW legal for a CCJ today, which relates to a debt from 2004 ( or at least I think it's that) through Lowell finance. I've never heard of BW legal and have no correspondence from them to even discuss the nature of the debt. I've noticed on your forum that Lowell through BW seem to suddenly be going for people and pursuing them with legal cases. What should I do and also as I've never heard from BW legal about this prior to this CCJ paperwork, have they followed the correct procedures according to the FCA rules that came into force in April. It's a Capital one credit card debt and it's been suggested by a friend that I should even consider establishing if I paid PPI due to the misselling. I'm disabled and in receipt of benefits and obviously this is stress I really could do without as IF it's the debt I think, it's my ex-partners credit card and was from a time when I was hospitalised frequently. Thanks in advance for anyone's assistance! Louise.
    Hi LouLou, Welcome to the forum, I'm going to move your post to its own thread if that is okay, and will help you there.... just makes things easier to follow if everyone has their own threads. Basic first steps are http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...it-Court-Claim xx

( edit: DONE )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: LouLou v Lowell ( Capital One)

Originally posted by Loulouuk1 View Post
      When did you pay last? if it's 6 years plus then it's statute barred.

Email lowells asking to make an official complaint. Say they are harassing you and have issued a claim with no correspondence. Ask for a deadlock letter to go to the ombudsman.

Comment

Re: LouLou v Lowell ( Capital One)

The requests for information should bring back details whether you did have any PPI on the credit card. Do you have any old statments about as that might show if you had extra each month added on for insurances. Would you have any idea when you stopped paying on the debt ? does it show on your credit file at all ?

1st step though is to acknowledge the claim online - there should be a password on the front of the claim form and details how to do this. You want to select the 'intend to defend the claim in full' bit - it's not binding and you can change to admit the claim later if it turns out everything is valid.

Then send the CPR request and CCA request as detailed in the link on the previous post.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X