• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi all please help, as usual have left a bit late!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all please help, as usual have left a bit late!

Long story short,,cc from lloyds which next July would be 6 years since default.
    Have been ignoring Lowell/red etc for ages and then started receiving letters from bryan carter. sent them a letter requesting information under cpr31.16 pre action disclosure/cca/deed of assignment(I had previously been sent a letter appearing to be from lloyds saying they had sold debt to lowells)..they sent letter saying that it's the policy of original creditor to provide agreements at point of contract and statements throughout the duration of the account and consequently I have previously been provided with validation of debt,they confirmed it relates to a lloyds account
    Following this letter I recieved court claim(issue date 3/6/2014,,my birthday!
    I HAVE not acknowledged claim form yet but sent a cca request to lowells(12/06) and the CPR to bryan carter,,,I today received letter from bryan carter saying that court protocol was followed,referring to practice direction 7c,,,confirming that the matter will most properly be assigned to small claims track,,and that their client is not agreeable to an extension of filing defence,,and again that it is the policy of the original creditor to issue agreements and statements and I should result to my own records,,,,,,have been reading 4 CHRIS SAKES thread/posts and seems almost identical,,,,, and until reading was just about to offer payment installments. Need to acknowledge claim should I defend,,would this at least buy me time .??? Please help. Ps worst birthday ever!
    Tags: None

Re: Hi all please help, as usual have left a bit late!

Hi and welcome

Sorry to hear about your unwelcome birthday surprise.

As you say, their response is fairly standard. If you acknowledge the claim, you'd get an extra 14 days to submit a defence. If the claim was issued on the 3rd, you should have acknowledged it by today (14 days), luckily you also have 5 days allowed for service.

At the very least, it should buy you some time, but you need to move fast. :clock:

Presumably Lowell never responded to your CCA request... How much are they claiming?

Comment

Thank you for replying flaming parrot,lowells have not come back yet,it was for approx 7500 but have adde interest etc to make it 8600

Comment

OK, acknowledge the claim for now so you get the extra 14 days. :thumb:

With regards to their usual templated response, :mad2: :rant: there's a letter you can send here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...385#post410385 :typing:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X