• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Charge Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Charge Letter

Hello Sir/Madam ,

we received a parking eye charge letter , I would like to appeal . I parked the vehicle for 3 hours 13 mins , where its free for 3 hours. There is no pay and display for extra parking. My little boy needed toilet after shopping, we were late there.

I have the receipt of purchase on the day for £41.
    The parking eye demanded to pay £90 or £54 if paid with in 14days.
    They have sent a copy of pictures of our car Arrival time and Departure times , time in car park 3hrs 13mins.

I need help regarding appeal please.

The letter says,

Dear sir/Madam,

On XXXX date vehicle no XXX entered the retail car park at XXX(time) and departed at XXX(time) on XXXX(date) .
    the sinage which clearly displayed at the entrance to and through out the car park, states that this is a private land, the car park is managed by Parking Eye Ltd, that the maximum free stay authorised is 3hours 0 minutes, along with other terms and conditions of the car park by which those who park in the car park agree to be bound.

By remaining at the car park for longer than the stay authorised or without authorisation, in accordance with the terms and conditions set outin the signage, the parking charge is now payable to Parking eye Ltd(as the creditor).

You are notified under paragraph 9(2)(b) of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 that the driver of the motor vehicle is required to pay this parking charge in full.As we do not know the driver's name or current postal address, if you were not the driver at the time, you should tell us the name and current postal address of the driver and pass the notice to them.

You are warned that if, after 29 days from the date given(which is presumed to be the second working day after the Date Issued), the parking charge has not been paid in full and we do not know noth the name and current address of the driver , we have right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you.This warning is given to you under Paragraph 9(2)(f) of schedule 4 of the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and is subject to our complying with the applicable conditions under Schedule 4 of that act.

We will accept the reduced amount of £54.00 if payment is made within 14days of this letter.After this the reduced amount will no longer be available to you.
    Details of how to appeal are on reverse of the letter.Further details of the charge and the relevance of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms act 2012 are contained with in the accompanying original PCN.

Should you choose to ignore this notice , please be aware that Parking Eye may pursue this matter through the county court if necessary. Should court proceedings be issued, further costs incurrred be Parking Eye will be added.These will include but not limited to the cost of issuing the court claim, credit reference agency costs and our solicitor's costs.

Yours Faithfully
    Parking Eye.

the above lettere has been sent to me, which i would like to appeal on. please advice me. i do have the receipt on the day of parking as i mentioned earlier.

many thanks for your advice and support.

Shameela.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Charge Letter

No such thing as we. It's either one or the other. What is the deadline for your appeal ?

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

Letter says it is 28 days from the date of this letter , that should be 8th of July .

Comment

Was there more than 15 days between you parking and the arrival of the notice? In which case you can write to them and tell them they have not met POFA requirements and the keeper is not liable.

And/Or say the sum is not a genuine pre estimate of Loss, the signage was not clear and they do not own the land and therefore cannot form a contract with you (they said they were agents for).

You should get a POPLA code back and you use that to ensure that you pay nothing with a little help with the wording.

Do not say who the driver was.

Comment

Originally posted by shameela View Post
          Hi M1,

Letter says it is 28 days from the date of this letter , that should be 8th of July .

Appeal. When it's rejected use the popla code to appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter edited to suit and you'll win.

M1

Comment

Ok M1 , many thanks for this quick reply.

we received the letter, 16th of this month , dated 12th of June .the actual incident was 11th August 2013. But because we moved home, and delayed in changing our address at DVLA , they say they couldn't get to us.
            Hence they are offering this min payment after somany days their letter says..
            the letter says, despite the fact that PE could not have known you were at different address, we r willing to offer you the ability to pay the parking charge at reduced amount, if paid in 14days of the date of this letter.

Comment

Does it offer the chance to appeal though ?

Is the keeper the driver ? Hopefully not.

M1

Comment

Yes it gives the chance to appeal, with in 28days. They would supply popla code if rejected has been mentioned.
                No, the registered keeper isn't the driver.
                Many Thanks
                Kind Regards

Comment

A straight forward appeal then, with no mention of who was driving

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                    A straight forward appeal then, with no mention of who was driving

M1
                    Hello M1..

Good news !!! Parking Eye accepted the appeal and the charge is cancelled. No hassel of POPLA code .
                    Very happy with your best advice given to people in need like me. Its the confidence I feel to go ahead and challenge when I feel i am legally right. That confidence I got from the support of Forum Members here.
                    Thank you one and all, especially " Mystery 1" .

Regards,
                    Shameela
                    Last edited by BrightDowns; 28th July 2014, 10:32:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                      Was there more than 15 days between you parking and the arrival of the notice? In which case you can write to them and tell them they have not met POFA requirements and the keeper is not liable.

And/Or say the sum is not a genuine pre estimate of Loss, the signage was not clear and they do not own the land and therefore cannot form a contract with you (they said they were agents for).

You should get a POPLA code back and you use that to ensure that you pay nothing with a little help with the wording.

Do not say who the driver was.
                      Hello Ostell,

Thank You for taking time to give me advice. Parking Eye has cancelled my Charge . They accepted the appeal staright away with out any hassel of POPLA code and reappeal !!!Many Thanks, Its the confidence u people on forum give,Advice legally, to fight for the rights.

Regards,
                      Shameela

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X