• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds Overdraft and Lowells/Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lloyds Overdraft and Lowells/Court

Thank you StevemLS, so does this mean a CCJ do you think ?

Comment

Yes please (just incase we need to amend if negotiation doesnt work out)

Steve - hopefully that's not what the court will tell us tmw, I don't think BW legal are that organised to be honest so they probably just haven't got around to replying, or don't even realise it is an overdraft either. THE POC is quite shoddy really - it's their usual ** INSERT WORD HERE *** style.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Also I do not agree the charges btw added on top

Comment

Ok thanks Amethyst x

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh View Post
            Hi Andy, I paid £1 a month to LLoyds up until Oct 2009. In my defense I said that I did not owe this money to this company under CCA 1974 (which I now know does not apply to ODs) now and I also said that it was full of charges throughout.
            Was the balance made mostly of charges, or why did you say you did not owe the money?

The date of service was 5th April and haven't heard anything yet ? What next Andy?
            When did you submit your defence? Unless you agreed an extension, it would have been no later than 33 days from that date, i.e. the fist week of May. They should have responded to the court within 28 days saying whether they wish to proceed with the claim or not. :decision:

Thank you StevemLS, so does this mean a CCJ do you think ?
            Not necessarily. One way to avoid a CCJ would be via a Tomlin Order, whereby the claim is stayed as long as you make the agreed payments. :thumb:

Ive been reading about CPR 31.14 ? What is this ? Is it too late now to send to Lowell or am I totally off the radar here ?
            Sadly yes, it would be too late now you've submitted your defence and, given the amount claimed, the case will very likely be allocated to small claims where Part 31 does not apply.

Comment

Agree Tomlin Order could be helpful.

Bosh - can you afford to pay it if judgment is entered against you? It only gets registered if it remains unpaid a month after settlement.

Have you got statements of account, again, it may be too late now but if you have what used to be the standard £25ish charges, you might be able to get that reduced.

Comment

Okay I have a copy of the defence, it's not fatal, totally, lol, but its not the greatest I'll post it up later once I've anonomised it. Understandable how you got confused with the CCA as it is only Part V that doesn't apply to overdrafts so although they state in the POC it is an agreement regulated by the CCA they are also correct in saying section 77-79 don't apply with regards your request for copy agreement. Anyway, not to worry, I think it reflects poorly on the claimants tbh because its same POC as every other claim with ''Current Account'' sloted in the relevant place.

Let me know what the court say and we shall go forwards from there.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Bosh - which Lowell 'lawyers' are handling this? BW Legal or Brian Carter?
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
                    Agree Tomlin Order could be helpful.

Bosh - can you afford to pay it if judgment is entered against you? It only gets registered if it remains unpaid a month after settlement.

Have you got statements of account, again, it may be too late now but if you have what used to be the standard £25ish charges, you might be able to get that reduced.
                    Hi Steve, no I'm not in a position to pay if the judgment is made, I am currently a carer. Yes I have some statements of account which run from 2004- 2006 and the charges are £619. There are possibly more within the history of the account !!!

Comment

It is BW legal Celestine

Comment

Thanks Ameythst. will let you know what the court says later

Comment

Handy :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Yes, but what was the rate charges were racking up at - was it £25ish per default or £12?

I can't remember the circumstances in which the £25 charges, which were pretty standard, were declared to be excessive, was it OFT or litigation - I'm sure someone else will remember - but if they were at the "excessive" levels, that might give you an additional negotiating tool?

Comment

Unfortunately the OFT ruling regarding £12 default fees only applied to credit cards etc, not overdrafts.
                              Sadly the OFT lost the test case against the banks, so these charges are not deemed unfair technically. Morally....is a whole other story.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have just rang the court (after waiting in a queue of 15 in front of myself) and I got through to a person called John. He was very nice actually. I asked what the status of the claim was at this stage and he said that Lowells attempted judgment on 6th May and IT FAILED !!! because of the defence. The account has now been "Stayed" and they have heard nothing yet from the claimants Lowells. If they do have it lifted then I will receive a directions questionaire. John also said that if I hear nothing then its good news but ring them in approx one month.

I wonder what Lowells are up to ??? Any advice guys ????
                                Last edited by Bosh; 18th June 2014, 15:01:PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X