• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*Discontinued* Lowells, Fredrickson and Bryan Carter - Land of Leather- Advise Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells, Fredrickson and Bryan Carter - Land of Leather- Advise Please

Originally posted by molly001 View Post
    Recieved correspondence Friday . What does this mean and what do I do now ? Many thanks Moll
    Originally posted by BryanCarter
    We confirm our client is not agreeable to an extension for you to file a defence.
    That's a standard templated response from BC. Since they are referring to a letter you only sent less than a week ago, I find it strange that they should even mention their refusal to agree to an extension to file your defence. Goes to show they have those templates ready to fire up whenever someone exercises their legal right to ask for documents. :mad2: :mad2:

I note above this debt is statute barred, in which case, when your deadline is approaching for your defence, you can just submit a SBd defence. :thumb:

Comment

Thank you all not a good time as I have been very poorly appointments and scans this doesnt help the stress levels
      Will update as and when:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        You could respond to them with this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...385#post410385
        Thank you Amethyst
        I am going SBd as no money has been paid due to the tampering in the first place of the Credit agreement. I will still send this though . I do not want to have to travel to their court because of the cost and inconvenience , will it be at my local court and what do I have to do to ensure this ? Thank you in advance. Moll :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Thank you Amethyst
          I am going SBd as no money has been paid due to the tampering in the first place of the Credit agreement. I will still send this though . I do not want to have to travel to their court because of the cost and inconvenience , will it be at my local court and what do I have to do to ensure this ? Thank you in advance. Moll :tinysmile_grin_t:
          Sent the second letter recorded delivery and got the same ' most properly be allocated to the small claims court' reply today, See BRYAN CARTER 4 ATTACHMENT ???
          I was further advised that SB'd only comes into effect after the end of the 3 year credit aggreement . Despite no money being exchanged whatsoever ? Is this true ? confussed ? Thank you for all your support

Comment

Who advised you of that ?

Statute Barred comes in as soon as there is a cause of action - ie the point at which they could have terminated the account because you had breached the agreement.

Bryan Carter letter is quite standard fayre I'm afraid. We best get on with writing your defence then. When's the deadline for that ?

You'll get the case allocated to your own court after you have submitted your defence.... which is sounds like will be based on non compliance with the CCA and lack of documents, along with the issues over the fraudulent agreement naturally xx

Purchased a couple of (part leather !) settees from Land of Leather . Encouraged to take 12 month Interest Free Creation Finance .(2006)
            Husband refused to date the doc as he said it would only be 12months on delivery , stating he would sign on delivery. They agreed. Copy of unsigned credit agreement attached to sales and delivery reciept. We ended up not paying the original amount as we had unwittingly gone passed the date of the agreement by a month, what date ? Not signed a credit agreement.
            A second agreement had been drawn up by a member of staff unbeknown to us, signed fraudulently by a memeber of staff (a copy I obtained by a long process and a £1.00 payment) I have both the original and the Micky Mouse copy . I complained to Creation Finance stating the copies did not match and that there was a very large discrepancy. My last written correspondence was Oct 2nd 2007, no money has been paid.
            Last edited by Amethyst; 7th November 2014, 14:46:PM.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Who advised you of that ?

Statute Barred comes in as soon as there is a cause of action - ie the point at which they could have terminated the account because you had breached the agreement.

Bryan Carter letter is quite standard fayre I'm afraid. We best get on with writing your defence then. When's the deadline for that ?

You'll get the case allocated to your own court after you have submitted your defence.... which is sounds like will be based on non compliance with the CCA and lack of documents, along with the issues over the fraudulent agreement naturally xx
              Thank you Amethyst.Claim issued on Oct 24TH
              Is there a template i can adapt ?

Comment

Okay so we do have some time. Here's a VERY VAGUE starting point http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Court-Claims
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Sent the second letter recorded delivery and got the same ' most properly be allocated to the small claims court' reply today, See BRYAN CARTER 4 ATTACHMENT ???
                  I was further advised that SB'd only comes into effect after the end of the 3 year credit aggreement . Despite no money being exchanged whatsoever ? Is this true ? confussed ? Thank you for all your support
                  Name & address showing

Comment

CHEERS MIKE ... HOW DO i REMOVE IT ?

Comment

admin alerted

Comment

I think I have managed it ???

Comment

Oops sorry I didn't notice xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Oops sorry I didn't notice xx
                            Me neither .... well I have nothing to hide just as well . Moved it now x.

Comment

Hi,
                              Is there a template for a SB'd defense available please ,would be of great help if someone could point me to one thank you

Comment

Please could someone in the know cast your eyes over this attachment and see if it is okay ??? :tinysmile_twink_t2: cheers Moll
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X