• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mackenzie Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackenzie Hall

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place but I need some advice!
    I am getting phone calls everyday, 2 or 3 times a day (including after 8pm) from Mackenzie Hall. I have no idea why. My daughter answered and they scared her (she's 12) by getting really cocky with her saying ignoring calls would lead her to jail. Wouldn't say who they wanted to talk to. I've lived here nearly 14 years and this is the first year we have experienced this! I checked my credit records to see if I owe anything to them! I don't! I have 3 defaults on my record which Cabot must have bought but nothing mentioning Mackenzie Hall. What I want to know is ....what can I do about them? At the moment I ignore them but they have about 8 different numbers that they use.
    Tags: None

Re: Mackenzie Hall

Subscribe.
    You can write to them ( templates on this site)
    Have you had anything in writing from them yet?
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Welcome to LB

Originally posted by foxi71 View Post
      I am getting phone calls everyday, 2 or 3 times a day (including after 8pm) from Mackenzie Hall. I have no idea why. My daughter answered and they scared her (she's 12) by getting really cocky with her saying ignoring calls would lead her to jail.
      :scared: :scared: :scared:

Wouldn't say who they wanted to talk to. I've lived here nearly 14 years and this is the first year we have experienced this! I checked my credit records to see if I owe anything to them! I don't! I have 3 defaults on my record which Cabot must have bought but nothing mentioning Mackenzie Hall. What I want to know is ....what can I do about them? At the moment I ignore them but they have about 8 different numbers that they use.
      Debts are often sold or passed on to other DCAs for collection. You may want to take a look at this thread, there's a letter you can send :typing: as well as some very useful background info with regards to phone harassment. hone: :cell:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...772#post369772

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/882.html

Following the brilliant result in Roberts v Bank of Scotland PLC [2013] EWCA Civ 882

Ms Roberts brought a county court claim for harassment following 6 months of telephone calls at a rate of approx 3 per day.
      She won
      the Bank then appealed and lost badly Giving all consumers a nice Court of Appeal binding precedent of £7500 damages for the level of harassment she experienced.

This result is HIGHLY significant to anyone receiving intrusive levels of phone harassment for debts. Basically, once you tell them you don't want the calls, they can only resort to legal proceedings to 'encourage' payment. Telephoning you night and day is simply NOT acceptable.

Comment

No letters at all from them. Funny thing is I complained to Ofcom about them and suddenly the calls have stopped!

Comment

I am getting phone calls everyday, 2 or 3 times a day (including after 8pm) from Mackenzie Hall. I have no idea why. My daughter answered and they scared her (she's 12) by getting really cocky with her saying ignoring calls would lead her to jail. Wouldn't say who they wanted to talk to. I've lived here nearly 14 years and this is the first year we have experienced this! I checked my credit records to see if I owe anything to them! I don't! I have 3 defaults on my record which Cabot must have bought but nothing mentioning Mackenzie Hall. What I want to know is ....what can I do about them? At the moment I ignore them but they have about 8 different numbers that they use.
          You are not alone. I've been getting phone calls from these people since Aug 2014. I purchased a call blocker which did help until they started calling from other numbers inc "withheld" & mobile. I had to change my mobile number as they were calling that too(don't know how they got that number as only payg for emergencies & never made public). I eventually got a letter from them stating I owed over £1000 to a company called Tricity finance. My wife then remembered that was the hp company used when we bought a sofa back in 1995!!(19 YEARS ago). I wrote back explaining that I owed nothing & that the debt is now statute barred. No reply but the calls continued. I have now filled a complaint with the FSO. This morning I received a letter from a company called PRA Group saying they have taken over this debt. Guess what they are MH under a new name. I have sent this letter to the FSO & await their reply.

Comment

Originally posted by farnboroughandy1963 View Post
            You are not alone. I've been getting phone calls from these people since Aug 2014. I purchased a call blocker which did help until they started calling from other numbers inc "withheld" & mobile. I had to change my mobile number as they were calling that too(don't know how they got that number as only payg for emergencies & never made public). I eventually got a letter from them stating I owed over £1000 to a company called Tricity finance. My wife then remembered that was the hp company used when we bought a sofa back in 1995!!(19 YEARS ago). I wrote back explaining that I owed nothing & that the debt is now statute barred. No reply but the calls continued. I have now filled a complaint with the FSO. This morning I received a letter from a company called PRA Group saying they have taken over this debt. Guess what they are MH under a new name. I have sent this letter to the FSO & await their reply.
            Result. Letter from MH re my FSO complaint. As surprise, surprise they can't produce any evidence that I owe any money. They have closed the account & will no longer be calling me.

Comment

That was good. Pleased it was sorted out for you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X